Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2018 10:58:38 PM EDT
Looks like the USRO is going out of business, everything on their site is 50% off. I guess maintaining a retail front for Government Liquidations was just too much work for them.

Unfortunately, it also looks like a lot of things have been pulled from the site already. It's a shame, I picked up a ton of things from them over the years, but their wacky shipping costs and scheme made it difficult to do business with them recently.
https://www.unclesamsretailoutlet.com/
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 10:55:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I got on their site and can’t find ANY items.  Every category I clicked shows 0 items
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 11:04:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Hmm, as of the weekend they had a few items, but you're right, looks like they pulled everything. Shame
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 8:02:49 AM EDT
[#3]
From what I've read, they lost the contract for Government surplus.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 10:00:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
From what I've read, they lost the contract for Government surplus.
View Quote
Wonder who has it now or did the flow of surplus finally start to dry up?
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 10:48:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Wonder who has it now or did the flow of surplus finally start to dry up?
View Quote
Hmm looks like the GovPlanet/IronPlanet group won the contract? But looking at their sites, looks like they deal with heavy equipment, not with the traditional mil surplus like what we're used to. If anyone has any additional information, please share! :)
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 11:06:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I've gotten a few good deals but their shipping rates killled a bunch of potential deals
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 7:31:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Got some e-tools, pioneer kit, and my last order was a dozen darn tough socks for $84 shipped.

With their warranty that was a steal even with garbage shipping costs.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 10:24:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've gotten a few good deals but their shipping rates killled a bunch of potential deals
View Quote
This.  When they had the $4.95 shipping rate, I ordered stuff regularly. When they went to a $9.95 shipping rate (more if it shipped from both locations), I only placed one order with them.  And that was when they had a free shipping weekend.

Give the new vendor time to figure out what they want to do.  I'm afraid, though, that they will focus on selling large lots and not individual items like USRO did.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 10:32:28 PM EDT
[#9]
This sucks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top