Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2018 1:23:32 AM EDT
How do they stack up as far as quality?

One nearby me for sale for 845-bucks. Case-hardened receiver, octagonal 20-inch barrel and .357 Mag. Looks interesting.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 2:12:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Had that exact rifle. Overall it was pretty nice and quality was good but it had an occasional feed issue which is apparently not unheard of in the .357 model. It's been a while, I don't remember exactly what was going on but basically the action could get locked up pretty tight. I traded it off because of that and I wanted a .45LC in a carbine model. If it's in nice shape and you want that caliber I'd call that a decent starting price.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 2:44:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Decent price, nice rifle.  Buy it, send it to Cody for the Codymatic action job and short stroke.  Comes back a different rifle.

Or so I've heard....

Link Posted: 11/10/2018 2:36:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Came across a Winchester and bought it today. Only a few bucks more. This one was made by Miroku in Japan.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 3:40:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Are you in my head? Cut it out! I traded my Uberti for a Jap Winchester Trapper... very nicely made rifles.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 3:55:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 11:20:38 AM EDT
[#6]
I paid $500 for mine....but it's an original pre 1898 Winchester in .38-40.  Probably not as nice as Japanese one.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 4:36:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I paid $500 for mine....but it's an original pre 1898 Winchester in .38-40.  Probably not as nice as Japanese one.
View Quote
That sounds like a bargain to me! An original Winchester has got to command a higher price then a new build.  I paid max dollars for this but I wanted it.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 4:40:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That sounds like a bargain to me! An original Winchester has got to command a higher price then a new build.  I paid max dollars for this but I wanted it.
View Quote
Yeah...it has a couple of issues but I was pretty happy with it.  When I was looking, if I had found a Uberti 73 for the price, I would have bought it.  Uberti's are great guns.  Worst thing I ever heard about them was the screws might and I say might be a bit soft.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 6:55:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yeah...it has a couple of issues but I was pretty happy with it.  When I was looking, if I had found a Uberti 73 for the price, I would have bought it.  Uberti's are great guns.  Worst thing I ever heard about them was the screws might and I say might be a bit soft.
View Quote
I love my Cimarron (Uberti) 1873 Sporting Rifle in .44 WCF but the screws were soft. Also, the one that holds the side plates on was in so tight that I had to drill it out on my mill after I boogered the head. And that was after soaking it in Kroil for a week, then trying heat. Kinda ticked me off when I spend $1200 on a rifle and have to replace the screws. I got a set of properly hardened screws from VTI Gun Parts.

It is a great shooter though, and may just be my favorite rifle.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 10:20:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
You got a HELL of a deal! If you decide you want your money back, let me know!!
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 10:23:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Right here under our noses is a screaming good deal-

Uberti 1873 Lever Action 357 Magnum
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 8:09:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Right here under our noses is a screaming good deal-

Uberti 1873 Lever Action 357 Magnum
View Quote
OH, SNAP!!!!!  That is a sweeeet deal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top