User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 23
Link Posted: 6/27/2013 9:31:58 PM EDT
[#1]

Originally Posted By Bama-Shooter:

Might as well get in on this.

Dropped my application in the mail today.

Got my C&R License in the mail today.

That's 17 days door to door.
excellent!  I sent off for mine on the 22nd, looking forward now!  Need to order a few big items from Numrich, will hold out for the 10% off now

Link Posted: 7/5/2013 1:08:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By neflihim:
Mailed : 1/26/13
Charged: 2/2/13
FFL in hand :2/8/13

This has me hopeful of a quick turnaround since mine should be processed at the same place as yours.
Mailed: 16Jun
CC Charged: 21Jun
FFL:  
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 3:35:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Instead of mailing for a packet, the forms can be downloaded here.
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 8:13:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Automatically got my packet from ATF just a little less than 3 months from renewal.
Sent it off on 04/18/13.
Check cashed 04/24/13.
License received 06/20/13.

Now I'd like to add something that has been controversial here from time to time regarding what has to
be logged into your bound book. There have been a number of people who say that while you are in
possession of your license that you must record ANY purchase of a C&R whether or not your license
is used in the process. And I have read the relevant section in the Regulations that is cited.

So while I was calling Martinsburg, WV, to get some help in filling out my renewal form, I spoke to a lady who
was very helpful and provided a lot of detail. She said that you "only have to log into your book what was
bought with/using your license... not any other C&R bought while you were licensed." [almost exact quote]
She then referenced that if someone were to check the seller's records, if your FFL # was on their records,
then that was when your book should reflect your purchase. If you bought it without using your license,
then there is no requirement to log it into your bound book.

So part of the renewal form is to report how many you have bought and how many you have sold. She said
that only the two that I had bought using/with my license are to be reported (and I have sold none). Even the
renewal form is worded "with your firearms license..."
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 12:09:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Mailed 6/22
CC Charged 6/29
License recieved: pending

Can't wait to start buying some toys!
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 12:33:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Just ordered my application from ATF site the other day.
My FFL guy said he will miss my transfer money
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 5:33:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Sent my application by certified mail.  From the information I got from this posting I requested the forms be mailed to my address.  My recommendation is to go to the BATFE website and download the files.  There you will get both forms, the ATF F 5310.16 (Form 7CR)  and the Certification of Compliance (ATF F 5330.20).  The package I received in the mail didn't include the Certification of Compliance. If you don't provide both forms there will be a delay in getting your C&R. The form 7CR can be filled out on your computer and then printed out. Here is the link for both forms:

http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-5310-16-notice.html
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 8:22:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By grizzly59:
Sent my application by certified mail.  From the information I got from this posting I requested the forms be mailed to my address.  My recommendation is to go to the BATFE website and download the files.  There you will get both forms, the ATF F 5310.16 (Form 7CR)  and the Certification of Compliance (ATF F 5330.20).  The package I received in the mail didn't include the Certification of Compliance. If you don't provide both forms there will be a delay in getting your C&R. The form 7CR can be filled out on your computer and then printed out. Here is the link for both forms:

http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-5310-16-notice.html

Form (ATF F 5330.20) Certification of Compliance is on the drop down bar in the ATF order form. Its on the bottom right above the fingerprint forms. Its tricky to see it but you have to request the form when ordering the C&R application or they wont send it to you automatically even though you ordered an application.

Here it is-

http://www.atf.gov/content/distribution-center-order-form
ITEM_1: F 5330.20 - Certificate of Compliance With 18 U.S.C. 922(g)(5)(B)
Link Posted: 7/14/2013 12:09:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Makaio:
Originally Posted By neflihim:
Mailed : 1/26/13
Charged: 2/2/13
FFL in hand :2/8/13

This has me hopeful of a quick turnaround since mine should be processed at the same place as yours.
FFL:  

FFL receive: 12Jul

YES!!!!
So many things I wan to buy!!!  Oh man, this might be very, very bad for my bank account.......

Link Posted: 7/15/2013 5:58:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Originally Posted By Rumrunner358:

Might as well get in on this.

Dropped my application in the mail today.

Got my C&R License in the mail today.

That's 17 days door to door.
excellent!  I sent off for mine on the 22nd, looking forward now!  Need to order a few big items from Numrich, will hold out for the 10% off now

mailed June 22

received July 15

Link Posted: 7/16/2013 12:20:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mitchman705] [#11]
Originally Posted By Mitchman705:
Mailed 6/22
CC Charged 6/29
License recieved: pending

Recieved on 7/15.
Link Posted: 7/16/2013 2:15:05 PM EDT
[#12]
forms mailed 7/1, C&R arrived today. 15 days start to finish.

Link Posted: 7/17/2013 6:17:10 AM EDT
[#13]
What are the rules as far as age with C&R? Under 21 can get anything c&r but handguns as usual? Or something different?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 9:36:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1057] [#14]
Pulled the trigger

Paperwork sent       07/20/13
Paperwork arrived   07/22/13
CC charged             07/25/13
Received                 08/08/13
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 8:53:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Received on 7/15.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Mailed 6/22
CC Charged 6/29
License received: pending

Received on 7/15.

Received my packet from the ATF on 7/19
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 11:09:14 PM EDT
[#16]
I have my paperwork all filled out and am seriously considering sending in for my C&R.  I'm a little worried though about the bound book and the ATF...how big of a deal is the bound book to keep?  I'm not saying I won't do it, I most certainly will, but am a little worried about making sure it's right in case the ATF wants to look.  Also, I'm a little confused about what goes in it...I have a CMP M1 and a Type 53 that I got before I will get my license; do those go in there?  Maybe I'm over thinking this...I mainly want it in the hopes of scoring a good deal on an SKS and some other C&R rifles through Century and any of the other C&R importers...will probably get another Mosin or two as well.  I saw Century has K98 Mausers on their site and may jump on one of those.

Does anyone know how much the dealer pricing through them is if you have a C&R?
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 3:58:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: edcurtis] [#17]
I didn't read all 39 pages...so sorry if this has been asked a billion times.

Which is better to send a copy to....chief of police of the city I live in, or the county sheriff?

Also "Are you in possession of a valid hunting license or permit lawfully issued in the United States?"  - If you answered "NO," you likely cannot lawfully possess a firearm and therefore cannot be a federal firearms licensee.

Just because I don't have a hunting license I likely cannot possess a firearm?  wut
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 6:02:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By edcurtis:
I didn't read all 39 pages...so sorry if this has been asked a billion times.

Which is better to send a copy to....chief of police of the city I live in, or the county sheriff?

Also "Are you in possession of a valid hunting license or permit lawfully issued in the United States?"  - If you answered "NO," you likely cannot lawfully possess a firearm and therefore cannot be a federal firearms licensee.

Just because I don't have a hunting license I likely cannot possess a firearm?  wut
View Quote

I sent mine to my boss, the Sheriff, even though I live in a city.

That question doesn't apply to you.  Check out this link. Will walk you through every section of the form and its what I used.  Keep in mind my paperwork was sent off yesterday
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 8:05:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By 1057:

That question doesn't apply to you.  Check out this link. Will walk you through every section of the form and its what I used.  Keep in mind my paperwork was sent off yesterday
View Quote

Thanks 1057.  Reading is fundamental and it appears I missed out on some of that on Section 10.
Link Posted: 7/29/2013 4:31:50 PM EDT
[#20]

Originally Posted By ArmaLiteM15KevinZ:

I have my paperwork all filled out and am seriously considering sending in for my C&R.  I'm a little worried though about the bound book and the ATF...how big of a deal is the bound book to keep?  I'm not saying I won't do it, I most certainly will, but am a little worried about making sure it's right in case the ATF wants to look.  Also, I'm a little confused about what goes in it...I have a CMP M1 and a Type 53 that I got before I will get my license; do those go in there?  Maybe I'm over thinking this...I mainly want it in the hopes of scoring a good deal on an SKS and some other C&R rifles through Century and any of the other C&R importers...will probably get another Mosin or two as well.  I saw Century has K98 Mausers on their site and may jump on one of those.

Does anyone know how much the dealer pricing through them is if you have a C&R?
View Quote
get the book from Brownells, it's about 4 bucks and has all kinds of instructions for every scenario.  Easy as can be.  If you fill that book up, you are one hell of a collector!  

Link Posted: 8/1/2013 5:48:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JCWIU] [#21]

Mailed: Aug 1

CC Charged: Aug 10

FFL received: Sept 6

Link Posted: 8/3/2013 9:46:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Got mine in the mail yesterday

Mailed 07/07
Charged 07/11
Received 08/02

One small small problem though they misspelled my name by omitting one letter... Is this gonna be an ordeal when collecting from dealers or will it not?
Should I request another correct copy of my license?
Link Posted: 8/14/2013 1:53:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Sent mine in today!
Link Posted: 8/21/2013 1:09:13 PM EDT
[#24]
so is 2-3 weeks still the norm from time of cc being charged ?
Link Posted: 8/21/2013 1:17:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1057] [#25]
Got mine in about 2 weeks after cc charged

Paperwork sent 07/20/13
Paperwork arrived 07/22/13
CC charged 07/25/13
Received 08/08/13
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 5:15:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Axel2485] [#26]
Mailed my application off today. Lets see how long this takes.
Edit: Card charged 9/17
Link Posted: 9/13/2013 9:03:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Card charged 8/19/2013
license received 9/13/2013

LoL wonder what getting a license on Friday the 13th means.
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 6:01:41 PM EDT
[#28]
So I got my collectors package from RK Enterprises today and I have some questions. I understand that all C&R firearms  acquired with the 03 FFL must be logged into the Collectors Record Book, but is the Personal Firearms book a required record, or is it just a good idea to prevent hassles from the ATF? If it is required, is it required for all firearms acquired without the use of the 03 FFL or is it required just for C&Rs acquired without it?
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 6:44:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Axel2485:
So I got my collectors package from RK Enterprises today and I have some questions. I understand that all C&R firearms  acquired with the 03 FFL must be logged into the Collectors Record Book, but is the Personal Firearms book a required record, or is it just a good idea to prevent hassles from the ATF? If it is required, is it required for all firearms acquired without the use of the 03 FFL or is it required just for C&Rs acquired without it?
View Quote

No, the Personal Firearms book is not a required record. As far as it being "a good idea,"
I would not suggest doing anything more than is absolutely required.
Also, please see my post on the previous page (p. 39) regarding C&R record keeping.
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 6:56:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By rx4spd:

No, the Personal Firearms book is not a required record. As far as it being "a good idea,"
Also, please see my post on the previous page (p. 39) regarding C&R record keeping.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rx4spd:
Originally Posted By Axel2485:

Thanks. I'm not a fan of doing more than is required when it comes to federal firearms regulations(for that matter, while I do it, I'm generally not a fan of doing most of what is required) so the less I have to do the better.
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 11:43:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SoloMan] [#31]
Do you need to take the 1140 form to your local police department?

I see the section for "chief law enforcement officer"

Also the section about a hunting permit/license.  I do not and never held a hunting license.  I do have a carry permit, though.....do I use that?

I printed and filled out the certification of compliance....that was the easy to understand part!

Link Posted: 9/24/2013 10:51:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SoloMan] [#32]
Well, I dropped off the forms at my local Police station.  They wanted some time to review them.  24 hours later they called me back and said they were ready and signed off.

They were giving me all of the forms back.  I told them that they were supposed to keep the CLEO copy.  They said they would file it with my gun carry permit paperwork.

I guess they have a file with my name on it

I'm guessing that they don't have much experience with this.....I was surprised that they were giving me the CLEO copy to take.  Unless they made copies and they didn't mention it.

Mailed it out on 09/24 before the Post Office's last truck went out.  Will report back when I get the license!

Link Posted: 9/27/2013 2:31:39 PM EDT
[#33]
You didn't need to take the CLEO copy to them and get thier signature.  I don't even think there is a signature line on the CLEO copy.

It's merely an information packet for them.

Most people just fill it out, and throw it in the mail.

The only hold up would be in the local cop then contacted the ATF to report some information that would prevent you from having the licence.

If only Class 3 items were done the same way.

As for the hunting permit section, if's a mess - it all has to deal with if you are a resident alien and such, though it's not clear about that.  I said I had a CHL permit, but did not include a copy in the packet.  Other's have just left that whole section blank.

I filled out the 5320 or whatever that stupid alien form is - some people have not included it, but it's easy enought to throw in.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 12:08:35 PM EDT
[#34]

So is the shutdown going to hurt our paperwork times? My check already cleared, now just wondering if I'll be in limbo.
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 12:11:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Good question!
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 1:33:30 PM EDT
[#36]
And you are absolutely right.  There is no signature required from your CLEO.  You just have to write the name and address.  Which is what my local chief did for me.  I would have dropped it off anyway as the station is a few minutes away.  So, no foul, they have their copies and I made copies of the original before mailing it off to the ATF.

I just said I was surprised that they were giving me back all of the copies.  I had to remind them to keep their copy on file.
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 6:57:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Mailed in on the 17th, got it back approved on the 5th.  

How can this take so little time and a Class 3 form takes longer than gestation time for a baby?
Link Posted: 10/7/2013 1:56:33 AM EDT
[#38]
I closed on a house this week and will be moving there over the next month or so.

What would be the best way to submit my renewal with an address change?

Section A has a form for a change of FFL information - would this be the correct portion to fill out?

I did call the ATF and was given a somewhat vague instruction to attach a letter to the renewal with some sort of proof of the new residence.
Link Posted: 10/7/2013 5:07:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Application mailed: 9/12/2013
CC charged: 9/17/2013
FFL received: 10/7/2013
Link Posted: 10/8/2013 12:54:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Those are some fantastic turn-around times for both of you folks!

I will report back when I receive.
Link Posted: 10/10/2013 10:13:24 PM EDT
[#41]
OK......am i having a huge brain fart ? On the Certification of Compliance who do i put on line #2??  

Link Posted: 10/11/2013 8:13:52 PM EDT
[#42]
I put my name in both lines 1 and 2 on the certificate of compliance.
Link Posted: 10/12/2013 1:36:52 AM EDT
[#43]
So I mailed my packed off on 28 AUG. Was charged the fee a couple days later; then nothing? Maybe they forgot about me? WTF Any ideas? or who I should contact to get the ball rolling.... again. Thanks for input.
Link Posted: 10/12/2013 8:56:07 AM EDT
[#44]
my guess would be call them and ask but with the furlows even class 3 stamps have come to a halt so I doubt they can help you till the guvernment goes back to work
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 10:25:09 PM EDT
[#45]
I believe I have the new record for getting a C&R. I assumed there was a problem and I somewhat stopped expecting it. Well, I got a surprise today.

APP mailed: 8/28/2013
CC charged: 9/02/2013
FFL received: 10/31/2013
Link Posted: 11/2/2013 1:14:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Mailed out September 24th.  Just got my bank statement, the $30.00 check was cashed on October 1st.

Still waiting.
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 9:09:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Mailed:  09/24/2013

Check cashed:  10/01/2013

Received:  11/07/2013
Link Posted: 11/12/2013 10:11:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Is the summation on page #1 still accurate? I wouldn't mind getting a C&R at all.
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 12:50:50 PM EDT
[#49]
I would say so.  I filled mine out and did not have any problems.

Link Posted: 11/17/2013 12:07:29 AM EDT
[#50]
How do I get an application?
Page / 23
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top