Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2021 2:25:15 PM EDT
So, I picked up a TYR NODs pouch, cause I figured it would be handy to have a way to carry my NODs on my person rather than tossing the pelican in my pack. Does anyone else use an on-carrier pouch for their NODs, and if so, where do you put it? I currently have it on the weak side of my cummerbund towards my back and it's kind of a pain in the ass to get at it, but I figure it's an entirely administrative pouch, so it's not the end of the world if it's slow to access.

Also, about the Tyr pouch, the design and workmanship is really quite good. It barely fits ANVIS, but 31s/31As, 1531s, DTs, and RNVGs should fit fine. The main sticking point with the ANVIS is the ball-detent mount.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 3:55:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Hard no.  It's either on my head or in my backpack.
If it was on my carrier I would flop onto in and crush something, either in the unit or in my body.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 1:50:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hard no.  It's either on my head or in my backpack.
If it was on my carrier I would flop onto in and crush something, either in the unit or in my body.
View Quote

Exactly this.

NVG's are not something you need to immediately throw on and go without warning. If I was in that much of a rush it's probably white light time anyway. I place a much higher priority on reducing the weight and bulk attached to me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top