Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2020 3:54:14 PM EDT
I found these today.

The top .30-30 is a post-64 Sears Model 54 made by Winchester for Sears sometime between 1966-72. There's no way to find the exact year.

The bottom .30-30 is a pre-64 (1955) Model 1894.

Attachment Attached File

I really like the Model 54 because it came factory D&Ted for a #3 side-mount plate.

Attachment Attached File

I found a side-mount plate on eBay for less than $10.00 shipped.....I already have a side mount.

I have a 4X M8 Leupold that should work great with it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 7:40:15 PM EDT
[#1]
ok we got to ask what did you steal them for ?.. did you give the person a reach around ?
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 8:11:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cviss:
ok we got to ask what did you steal them for ?.. did you give the person a reach around ? 
View Quote

They were a part of two different "deals" but to be honest I really don't have any out of pocket investment in them.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 8:29:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I have several 30-30s and a 32WS that I gave to my cousins kid because it was her grandfathers gun and I knew it would piss off her lib father

One of my 30-30s is a pre 64 with super high grade wood,story was that it belonged to some Winchester executive.

My other 30-30 is a somewhat nasty model that was likely sold by one of the chain stores. Looks rough but it has a decent bore and after I cleaned up the crown that was buggered. Trigger is pretty good and it shoots well indeed with its Lyman aperture sight.

Shame what has happened to winchester and marlin but I do love me a old lever gun
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 8:38:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice rifles OP.

I have 2 JM 30-30 Marlins and one Remlin 30-30 that I bought to thread. Also a 1964 Marlin Golden 39A my grandfather gave me 45 years ago.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 11:20:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By 1srelluc:

They were a part of two different "deals" but to be honest I really don't have any out of pocket investment in them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 1srelluc:
Originally Posted By cviss:
ok we got to ask what did you steal them for ?.. did you give the person a reach around ? 

They were a part of two different "deals" but to be honest I really don't have any out of pocket investment in them.

You have done very good.. Awesome finds
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top