Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2022 2:26:30 PM EDT
I Eformed some MKE AP5's a few weeks ago and the Eform drop down menu had Turkey as manufacturer Country.  I just did my AP5-P and now is spelt Turkiye.  I figured it was a glitch in the system and I was looking at a kickback.  But a google search revealed Turkey change their Countries spelling to Turkiye.  So I guess the ATF updated the website to reflect this change.  Hopefully the Examiners got the memo.

Turkey changes its name to Türkiye to avoid confusion with bird of same name
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 3:13:55 PM EDT
[#1]
You linked to the Greek Times. Being that the Greeks view Turkey/Turkiye as we do Russia/China/North Korea, I fully expected it to include a bit more vitriol.
Like "Dirty Heathen Turks Change Name to Hide Centuries of Murder!!!"
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 9:53:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 10:22:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Aren't those dropdowns populated with user-submitted data?

Not that it matters, the've already been inconsistent with approvals based on the manufacturer name on AP5's
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 10:39:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I submitted a form 1 on my ap5 on 9/6 and whether i chose MKE or MKEK, both showed the new weird spelling so I chose MKE and the new spelling. hopefully it goes through quick and without issue
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 12:41:26 PM EDT
[#5]
What have you been using for the eForm1? I'm gonna use my rebate to eForm1 my AP5-P.

Link Posted: 9/19/2022 11:38:44 AM EDT
[#6]
The ATF NFA division of ask the experts confirmed that the new spelling is indeed, TURKIYE. The UN changed the spelling
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 12:01:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The ATF NFA division of ask the experts confirmed that the new spelling is indeed, TURKIYE. The UN changed the spelling
View Quote

Good to know.

And I'm glad to see that someone actually gets a response from "ask the experts".  They've answered one of my questions in the past.  And than put me on their "ignore" list for all future questions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top