Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2022 10:16:03 PM EDT
So I purchased my UNV Vyper-14 used a couple of years ago but didn't get a spec sheet.  I contacted UNV and gave them the serial number and they were nice enough to get back with me right away with the info.  I am 100% ignorant about specs so forgive me but is this all of the info I'd need to provide to a dealer to find a similar tube?

Link Posted: 1/11/2022 10:18:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, looks like it. And actually, specs are rock solid for the age.

And try closing some tabs. Jesus…
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 10:29:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn, I was way off
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 11:06:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Those aren't tabs, they're bookmarks.  The tabs aren't in the shot.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 1:52:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So I purchased my UNV Vyper-14 used a couple of years ago but didn't get a spec sheet.  I contacted UNV and gave them the serial number and they were nice enough to get back with me right away with the info.  I am 100% ignorant about specs so forgive me but is this all of the info I'd need to provide to a dealer to find a similar tube?

https://i.imgur.com/DlVs5k1h.jpg
View Quote

If the cosmetics please you and it's going to be helmet mount, that tube is EXCELLENT!
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 5:37:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If the cosmetics please you and it's going to be helmet mount, that tube is EXCELLENT!
View Quote

I just bought another 14 from the EE, fingers crossed it's a good match.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 4:31:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Spec wise they are stellar.  Anything 35+SNR with halo and ebi under 1 is phenomenal.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 9:07:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Forgot to update:  The new (to me) TNVC PVS-14 came in and they appear to be close enough that I can't tell a difference until they're turned so low as to be useless anyway.  I couldn't be happier with the tube, just wish it was a black housing
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top