Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2020 5:24:16 PM EDT
Was wondering what indicators to look for on the average wear and tear of a trilug device?

How many rounds or what temp level has to be reached before it becomes a issue that the spring need to be replaced?

Also noticed on my GA Triug the plunger or collar whatever you want to call it only has 1 grove and noticed some have 2-3 grooves. Was wondering why this was done?
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 5:32:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Was wondering what indicators to look for on the average wear and tear of a trilug device?

How many rounds or what temp level has to be reached before it becomes a issue that the spring need to be replaced?

Also noticed on my GA Triug the plunger or collar whatever you want to call it only has 1 grove and noticed some have 2-3 grooves. Was wondering why this was done?
View Quote
You would have to do multiple back to back  beta dumps to get a spring hot enough to deform. Your can /barrel would melt first.

Ive had a trident on/off on a f/a mp5 for 14 years. I had to replace the spring(poor manf not wear)
Hardly any wear on the trilug some park missing on the barrel.

I doubt you could wear one out
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 6:14:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You would have to do multiple back to back  beta dumps to get a spring hot enough to deform. Your can /barrel would melt first.

Ive had a trident on/off on a f/a mp5 for 14 years. I had to replace the spring(poor manf not wear)
Hardly any wear on the trilug some park missing on the barrel.

I doubt you could wear one out
View Quote
I do run mine on my Mac11 but doubt it would get hot enough.

Hopefully our industry members will step in and let everyone know what they have tested there mounts too. Would be interesting to see.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top