Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2024 3:52:11 PM EDT
There was a post talking about this and had a link to which one most were using.  Cannot seem to find that post via search.  It’s a smooth threaded cap that takes the place of the knurled cap on the tri lug muzzle device.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 4:43:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:06:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By osprey21:
To my experience the thread protector cuts down on wobble and helps to keep the can concentric to the bore. Knurled thread protectors are typically turned to size, then knurled, and knurling doesn't leave a precise outside diameter nor a concentric one. Hence the suggestion from certain suppressor manufacturers to use a smooth one.

I got mine from GSL however they're OOS at this time.

There are other companies selling them, just be sure to get one that has an OD of 0.625″ for best fit and function.
View Quote

Thank you for the info.  It was that specific outside diameter I could not remember being the important part.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:49:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Here are some I made:

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:34:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By osprey21: There are other companies selling them, just be sure to get one that has an OD of 0.625″ for best fit and function.
View Quote

I think you mean ‘length’, as the OD is 15mm.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:00:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 2:41:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Have a friend who needs two of the .500 long version for his AP5.  Could not find anyone that makes the .500 long version other than GSL and they are out of stock of that size as well.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 12:54:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I like them because every MP5 does not need to look like it has a Navy barrel.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:11:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By osprey21:
To my experience the thread protector cuts down on wobble and helps to keep the can concentric to the bore. Knurled thread protectors are typically turned to size, then knurled, and knurling doesn't leave a precise outside diameter nor a concentric one. Hence the suggestion from certain suppressor manufacturers to use a smooth one.

I got mine from GSL however they're OOS at this time.

There are other companies selling them, just be sure to get one that has an OD of 0.625  for best fit and function.
View Quote
This above.  Got mine from GSL as stated several times here already.  It's the one you want.
Top Top