User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2019 1:10:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 1:39:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Way to get out ahead of it but I can’t help but just chuckle at this debacle
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 1:42:58 PM EDT
[#2]
What a bunch of clowns.  So they direct the deluge to you guys and don't even tell you?
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 2:19:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm no longer bummed I missed out on the promo.
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 2:58:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Heck my dealer has gone out of business, I just emailed SilencerCo the info for a new dealer for when they send mine out.
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 3:03:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Yup
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 3:32:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Who’s going to come through first; Surefire or SilencerCo?
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 6:23:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing.
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 6:28:12 PM EDT
[#8]
So what was the email? It’s hard to tell with this deal overall if things don’t affect you or SiCo forgot you.
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 7:45:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Touche, well played
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 7:53:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Touche, well played
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Touche, well played
SilencerCo has a long way to go to catch up to Surefire and their shenanigans.
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 8:10:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 9:30:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've got no skin in the game, but I'd feel very comfortable with Capitol handling things and squaring people away.  Y'all are great folks doing a great service to the community.
View Quote
I’d agree entirely
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 9:55:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 10:43:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I've got no skin in the game, but I'd feel very comfortable with Capitol handling things and squaring people away.  Y'all are great folks doing a great service to the community.
View Quote
Amen
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 11:05:19 PM EDT
[#15]
It's probably a large online distributor that's refusing. I hope their identity is revealed so we can boycott

(and I bought no cans through this promo)
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 12:06:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

SilencerCo has a long way to go to catch up to Surefire and their shenanigans.
View Quote
AAC “Damn The Man” back in 2014 was a shitshow.
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 12:28:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

AAC “Damn The Man” back in 2014 was a shitshow.
View Quote
Compared to owing 18,000 “free” silencers? Not even in the same universe.

This has officially turned into a dumpster fire.
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 12:34:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It's probably a large online distributor that's refusing. I hope their identity is revealed so we can boycott

(and I bought no cans through this promo)
View Quote
Silencerco went away from the large wholesalers a while ago.  With how long this has gone on, I'm sure there is natural turnover in dealers out there. If the ATF isn't getting a response to corrections, etc., they'll consider the serial number abandoned.  If there are dealers that decide not to deal with them, then I think that's Silencerco's problem, not the dealer's.
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 6:53:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Dear Summer Promo Participant,

We sincerely apologize for the miscommunication you received from us regarding Silencer Shop and the processing of Summer Promo transfers. Silencer Shop did not refuse to process Summer Promo transfers. To be clear, Silencer Shop cannot transfer free items to customers out of state or send to a dealer for transfer out of state. Silencer Shop is processing Texas Summer Promo transfers. Your Summer Promo suppressor is scheduled to ship to Silencer Shop by end of June as promised.

Silencer Shop is a trusted partner and valued member of the suppressor industry. We respect and support their efforts and partnership as well as their premier customer service.

Again, we sincerely apologize for the miscommunication.

Thank you,
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 9:49:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Wait, I must have missed something. Is surefire promising something new?

Link Posted: 4/10/2019 5:58:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
18,000 .  Wonder if they are really discontinuing the Octanes, Warlocks and Spectres or just can’t sell any now because all the machinery and techs are making free ones.  Either way, I hope everyone gets their free can and Silencerco stays in business.
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 12:00:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
For the SOTs among us, is there any restriction on SilencerCo sending the suppressors to SilencerShop, and having SilencerShop distribute them to local FFLs as needed? I can't see how there would be, as that's already the norm for pretty much everything they sell, unless their normal sales all drop ship direct from the manufacturer. That sure seems to be what they are implying, though.

As for the free suppressors, if someone purchased from SilencerShop does the free suppressor also go through SilencerShop, or does it go direct to your local FFL?

I could see a lot of uninformed or misinformed customers thinking that SilencerShop would be handling the free suppressors directly, since that's who they purchased from, and are not taking into account that will actually need to go through their local FFL. Perhaps some of the local FFLs want a commission from SilencerShop for the transfer? Who knows?

I can only imagine the number of calls that SilencerShop has gotten regarding this promotion, and how many more they expect as it continues to drag out. Do you think they're just tired of the headache and bowed out? If so, I can certainly feel some sympathy for them, even though I think it's a bad decision on their part.

Then again, considering SilencerCo's constant lack of communication and their attempts to subtly change the narrative behind the scenes, it's entirely possible that I'm misreading this thing entirely or they are not telling us the whole story.

Opinions? Am I way off base here?
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 12:06:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
For the SOTs among us, is there any restriction on SilencerCo sending the suppressors to SilencerShop, and having SilencerShop distribute them to local FFLs as needed? I can't see how there would be, as that's already the norm for pretty much everything they sell, unless their normal sales all drop ship direct from the manufacturer. That sure seems to be what they are implying, though.

As for the free suppressors, if someone purchased from SilencerShop does the free suppressor also go through SilencerShop, or does it go direct to your local FFL?

I could see a lot of uninformed or misinformed customers thinking that SilencerShop would be handling the free suppressors directly, since that's who they purchased from, and are not taking into account that will actually need to go through their local FFL. Perhaps some of the local FFLs want a commission from SilencerShop for the transfer? Who knows?

I can only imagine the number of calls that SilencerShop has gotten regarding this promotion, and how many more they expect as it continues to drag out. Do you think they're just tired of the headache and bowed out? If so, I can certainly feel some sympathy for them, even though I think it's a bad decision on their part.

Then again, considering SilencerCo's constant lack of communication and their attempts to subtly change the narrative behind the scenes, it's entirely possible that I'm misreading this thing entirely or they are not telling us the whole story.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder if it's because Silencer Shop includes the transfer fee in their suppressor prices.   It would mean by the normal standards the receiving FFL wouldn't get a transfer fee if it's free.  No clue if that's valid though.
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 12:16:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I wonder if it's because Silencer Shop includes the transfer fee in their suppressor prices.   It would mean by the normal standards the receiving FFL wouldn't get a transfer fee if it's free.  No clue if that's valid though.
View Quote
That's kind of what I'm wondering. I can see some local dealers getting a little upset about having to do a free transfer (or a bunch of free transfers) for something someone else sold.

I wonder what would happen if a local FFL tried to charge the customer a transfer fee?
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 6:48:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 8:07:54 AM EDT
[#26]
I fully expected to pay a transfer fee for mine. Figured most people would. The can is free, not the transfers, tax stamps, etc.
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 8:13:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 8:14:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Thanks Josh!  Capitol are great folks to do business with.
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 8:15:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I fully expected to pay a transfer fee for mine. Figured most people would. The can is free, not the transfers, tax stamps, etc.
View Quote
Same here.
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 5:51:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Seriously?
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 6:11:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Seriously?  
View Quote
They sold a shitload of suppressors.
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 8:33:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
No legal restrictions, but it will double the shipping costs and what's in it for SilencerShop?

Yes, it should go to the local dealer, not necessarily from whom it was purchased.  We sold a lot of SilencerCo during the sale to out-of-state residents.  Those free cans should go to the local dealer, not us.  I'm happy to handle it but it will cost a transfer fee and shipping.

There could be that misunderstanding.  If I got a can in from SilencerShop that didn't include a check, I don't think charging a transfer fee would be out of line.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For the SOTs among us, is there any restriction on SilencerCo sending the suppressors to SilencerShop, and having SilencerShop distribute them to local FFLs as needed?
No legal restrictions, but it will double the shipping costs and what's in it for SilencerShop?

Yes, it should go to the local dealer, not necessarily from whom it was purchased.  We sold a lot of SilencerCo during the sale to out-of-state residents.  Those free cans should go to the local dealer, not us.  I'm happy to handle it but it will cost a transfer fee and shipping.

I could see a lot of uninformed or misinformed customers thinking that SilencerShop would be handling the free suppressors directly, since that's who they purchased from, and are not taking into account that will actually need to go through their local FFL. Perhaps some of the local FFLs want a commission from SilencerShop for the transfer?
There could be that misunderstanding.  If I got a can in from SilencerShop that didn't include a check, I don't think charging a transfer fee would be out of line.
Thank you for the response!

I'm trying to decipher SilencerCo's email, but I'm still lost. I don't have a dog in this fight, but I'm extremely curious what the rest of the story is here.

In the email posted earlier, they say this:

We sincerely apologize for the miscommunication you received from us regarding Silencer Shop and the processing of Summer Promo transfers.

Did anyone here recieve the communication they are aluding to? Does anyone have a copy, and what did it say?

Based on the next comment, it sounds like SilencerCo told some customers that SilencerShop refused to process the transfers, but now they're trying to retract that statement. I'm curious what was said, and why.

Silencer Shop did not refuse to process Summer Promo transfers.

This next part is what confused me at first, and prompted my earlier questions:

To be clear, Silencer Shop cannot transfer free items to customers out of state or send to a dealer for transfer out of state.

@Joshua_CapitolArmory

Based on your OP, isn't this exactly what they're asking you to do, or are they only sending you suppressors for Texas customers?

The word "cannot" also stands out to me. As HansohnBrothers said, it makes no sense to do it that way due to extra shipping costs and an extra Form 3 transfer, but to say they cannot do it that way seems rather finite. Also, if they cannot do this, why were they being sent the cans in the first place?

As for the final comment, I'm confused even further.

Silencer Shop is processing Texas Summer Promo transfers. Your Summer Promo suppressor is scheduled to ship to Silencer Shop by end of June as promised.

Are SilencerShop and Capitol Armory each handling their own transfers as one would presume? If so, who's cans are being send to Capitol Armory?

At this point, I'm guessing it could be another TX dealer that bowed out, but that doesn't explain why SilencerCo sent out a communication regarding SilencerShop, and then retracted it.

Does this make sense to anyone else? Does anyone know what's really going on here?
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 5:15:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Compared to owing 18,000 "free" silencers? Not even in the same universe.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

AAC "Damn The Man" back in 2014 was a shitshow.
Compared to owing 18,000 "free" silencers? Not even in the same universe.

Agreed.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 3:02:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Same here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Same here.
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 12:13:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Thank you for the response!

I'm trying to decipher SilencerCo's email, but I'm still lost. I don't have a dog in this fight, but I'm extremely curious what the rest of the story is here.

In the email posted earlier, they say this:

We sincerely apologize for the miscommunication you received from us regarding Silencer Shop and the processing of Summer Promo transfers.

Did anyone here recieve the communication they are aluding to? Does anyone have a copy, and what did it say?

Based on the next comment, it sounds like SilencerCo told some customers that SilencerShop refused to process the transfers, but now they're trying to retract that statement. I'm curious what was said, and why.

Silencer Shop did not refuse to process Summer Promo transfers.

This next part is what confused me at first, and prompted my earlier questions:

To be clear, Silencer Shop cannot transfer free items to customers out of state or send to a dealer for transfer out of state.

@Joshua_CapitolArmory

Based on your OP, isn't this exactly what they're asking you to do, or are they only sending you suppressors for Texas customers?

The word "cannot" also stands out to me. As HansohnBrothers said, it makes no sense to do it that way due to extra shipping costs and an extra Form 3 transfer, but to say they cannot do it that way seems rather finite. Also, if they cannot do this, why were they being sent the cans in the first place?

As for the final comment, I'm confused even further.

Silencer Shop is processing Texas Summer Promo transfers. Your Summer Promo suppressor is scheduled to ship to Silencer Shop by end of June as promised.

Are SilencerShop and Capitol Armory each handling their own transfers as one would presume? If so, who's cans are being send to Capitol Armory?

At this point, I'm guessing it could be another TX dealer that bowed out, but that doesn't explain why SilencerCo sent out a communication regarding SilencerShop, and then retracted it.

Does this make sense to anyone else? Does anyone know what's really going on here?
View Quote
No skin in this debacle of SiCo's making but I wonder if Silencer Shop is unable to ship out of state as a result of their issue(s) (ongoing?) with the ATF for their eForms/kiosk submissions and the backlog that caused? Maybe something in how their system setup the ATF didn't like and subsequently restricted their completing Form 3's for out-of-state transfers?

Or possibly SS has enough on their plate trying to clear that backlog and don't want to add to it with 18,000 additional transfers. Spitballing here with the above, just a WAG.
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 6:25:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top