Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/13/2023 9:39:24 AM EDT
Okay, Kel-Tec RDB is out, am now considering the Tavor X95.
Handled one at the LGS (going back again this morning to handle it some more) and mag release/safety ergonomics weren't bad but obviously not up to AR standards.
Bolt release location isn't a big deal for me, used to own an MSAR Aug clone and had no issues (not as fast, but no issues otherwise).
Felt surprisingly back-heavy, not as balanced as I was expecting.
It's a big chunk of change for me so before I commit one way or the other, I'd appreciate hearing from owners as to why (or why not) I should get one.
Thx!...
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 9:46:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Back heavy is good. Your center of gravity hardly shifts.

Make sure you like the trigger.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 9:57:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Trigger isn’t a problem.  The X95 trigger is better than the one in the original SAR, and even if you don’t like it, Geissele and Shooting Sight have better replacement triggers.  Do you plan on shooting suppressed?  If so, prepare spending time to seal up the unused ejection port and the upper area where rear of the rail meets the stock, unless you like being gassed out. If no plan on shooting suppressed, then that’s not an issue either.  X95s had a reputation for mediocre accuracy, but not sure if that has been fixed or not in more recent ones.  Other than those areas, it’s fine.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 10:04:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I was never a bullpup guy, but a X95 at a unbelievable price came my way. I bought it to see what all the fuss was about in regards to bullpups and if I didn't like it, I could easily sell it a make a little profit from it, which is something I don't normally do with guns.

I liked it so much, I put some aftermarket parts on it, and in it. (Handguard, G-trigger and bow. Added a weaponlight, swapped muzzle device so I could run it suppressed occassionally.)

It is a keeper in my collection.

Link Posted: 5/13/2023 10:09:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was never a bullpup guy, but a X95 at a unbelievable price came my way. I bought it to see what all the fuss was about in regards to bullpups and if I didn't like it, I could easily sell it a make a little profit from it, which is something I don't normally do with guns.

I liked it so much, I put some aftermarket parts on it, and in it. (Handguard, G-trigger and bow. Added a weaponlight, swapped muzzle device so I could run it suppressed occassionally.)

It is a keeper in my collection.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/77315/20220116_094747-2242175.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/77315/20220116_094728-2242173.jpg
View Quote
Lovely.
I have been eying that forend for a while, should I FO?
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 10:19:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Lovely.
I have been eying that forend for a while, should I FO?
View Quote

ABSOLUTELY!

I really changes the handling of the gun, 100% better!
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 10:58:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Okay, Kel-Tec RDB is out, am now considering the Tavor X95.
Handled one at the LGS (going back again this morning to handle it some more) and mag release/safety ergonomics weren't bad but obviously not up to AR standards.
Bolt release location isn't a big deal for me, used to own an MSAR Aug clone and had no issues (not as fast, but no issues otherwise).
Felt surprisingly back-heavy, not as balanced as I was expecting.
It's a big chunk of change for me so before I commit one way or the other, I'd appreciate hearing from owners as to why (or why not) I should get one.
Thx!...
View Quote
You sound like me a few years ago.

I thought the bullpup idea was interesting on paper. 16" ballistics in an sbr-sized package.

I tried to set it up in a way that played to its strengths, which I found difficult.

I want something handy and as lightweight as possible. The X95 starts off heavier than some of my tricked out ARs. So to keep weight down, I threw on a red dot. But if I'm just going to use a red dot, then what's the point of 16" ballistics? A 10/11" AR is just as effective out to red dot distances and lighter weight in the same length package.

So if I put an LPVO or something on it to take advantage of the 16" barrel, it just got heavy - too heavy for my comfort, and again... compared to a similarly outfitted AR. Additionally, with a 16" AR with a scope of some sort set up as a recce rifle of sorts, I want to be able to shoot it prone, even without a bipod, I want to be able to rest it on a bag or something to steady the shots. Guess what sucks to shoot in the prone on a bag or bipod? Yep - a bullpup. Can you do it? sure. But it sucks... compared to an AR15.

And a 16" gun that's set up for medium to longer range stuff is going to weigh a little more and I also don't care as much about how compact it is.... so why take all the negatives of a bullpup if I don't need any of the advantages?

I was also annoyed by stuff that wasn't in a convenient place - bolt release, magwell, etc. And shooing suppressed... *cough* *cough*

No matter how "close" a bullpup might get to mimicking the ergonomics of the AR platform, I realized "if you want it to be just like an AR15, then just use an AR15."

And that ended up being the case. There was never a situation where I grabbed the x95 over an AR unless it was specifically to get some practice with the x95. It would never be my "go to" for anything. So it was an expensive toy.

And I sold it, and I have never once regretted it. When my dad died, he left a Steyr Aug, and I didn't even want it for free. It's still at my mom's house in a gun safe collecting dust with it's 16 and 20 inch barrels. Because I learned that I dislike bullpups.

Link Posted: 5/13/2023 11:44:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Since you are looking for a bullpup more durable than the RDB for HD, that really only leaves you with the Hellion or X95.  Both are GTG, it's just a matter of personal preference.  You'll need to handle them in a local gun shop.

The AUG is the third option, but it has issues. For one, controls ergoes aren't as good as the other two, and I'm kind of soured on mine with the cracked stock issues. Maybe I'll feel better once I get them to answer their phone or respond to emails so I can return it for repair. If you want an AUG, get the X95 or Hellion first. Or collect all three!

Don't get the MDRX. I have one. It broke twice.

My X95 and RDB-S are the only ones that haven't let me down.

Link Posted: 5/13/2023 11:50:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I thought the bullpup idea was interesting on paper. 16" ballistics in an sbr-sized package.

I tried to set it up in a way that played to its strengths, which I found difficult.

I want something handy and as lightweight as possible. The X95 starts off heavier than some of my tricked out ARs. So to keep weight down, I threw on a red dot. But if I'm just going to use a red dot, then what's the point of 16" ballistics? A 10/11" AR is just as effective out to red dot distances and lighter weight in the same length package.

So if I put an LPVO or something on it to take advantage of the 16" barrel, it just got heavy - too heavy for my comfort, and again... compared to a similarly outfitted AR. Additionally, with a 16" AR with a scope of some sort set up as a recce rifle of sorts, I want to be able to shoot it prone, even without a bipod, I want to be able to rest it on a bag or something to steady the shots. Guess what sucks to shoot in the prone on a bag or bipod? Yep - a bullpup. Can you do it? sure. But it sucks... compared to an AR15.

And a 16" gun that's set up for medium to longer range stuff is going to weigh a little more and I also don't care as much about how compact it is.... so why take all the negatives of a bullpup if I don't need any of the advantages?

I was also annoyed by stuff that wasn't in a convenient place - bolt release, magwell, etc. And shooing suppressed... *cough* *cough*

No matter how "close" a bullpup might get to mimicking the ergonomics of the AR platform, I realized "if you want it to be just like an AR15, then just use an AR15."

And that ended up being the case. There was never a situation where I grabbed the x95 over an AR unless it was specifically to get some practice with the x95. It would never be my "go to" for anything. So it was an expensive toy.

And I sold it, and I have never once regretted it. When my dad died, he left a Steyr Aug, and I didn't even want it for free. It's still at my mom's house in a gun safe collecting dust with it's 16 and 20 inch barrels. Because I learned that I dislike bullpups.

View Quote
You're right about the weight, and the suppressor issues but the rest is a training issue. If you always used ARs then you want that controls setup. I doubt the Israeli, Austrian, British or Australian troops have problems with bullpup controls.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 11:54:31 AM EDT
[#9]
I like mine and want to sbr it
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 12:58:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You're right about the weight, and the suppressor issues but the rest is a training issue. If you always used ARs then you want that controls setup. I doubt the Israeli, Austrian, British or Australian troops have problems with bullpup controls.
View Quote
I'm right about everything I said. I didn't say that controls or anything else were objectively bad. Just that I prefer ARs, so instead of trying to shoehorn a (heavy) square peg into a round hole, I realized I actually prefer round pegs and got rid of my square one.

From OP's post, it sounds like he might have a similar preference for AR controls, and he's asking opinions before dropping a bunch of cash on an option he's not sure he'll like.

Hence my cautionary tale. I literally do not care if australian and british troops or anyone on this forum like what I don't like. Have fun. People like revolvers and lever actions, too, and I don't have a use for those either. Free country, etc.

ETA: that said, troops that use bullpups in those countries get them issued, so they don't have a choice. You'll notice the guys in those countries that shoot people in the face for a living and get to choose their weapons opt for AR-style platforms in most cases, or at least non-bullpups. "Military-issue" isn't an argument for quality, convenience, or ease of use.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 6:39:51 PM EDT
[#11]
One thing about it being so back heavy, once you add a light and suppressor, maybe a grip and laser, the balance gets evened out a lot. In fact, it gets a lot better than an AR with all that stuff on it.

Link Posted: 5/13/2023 7:36:38 PM EDT
[#12]
The X95 is an excellent rifle. IWI changed a few things post Sep 2020 that ended up improving the accuracy.

Link Posted: 5/13/2023 8:52:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
IWI changed a few things post Sep 2020 that ended up improving the accuracy.
View Quote

Can you give details of the changes, and how to determine the date of manufacture by SN#? I bought a used X95 and was wondering the vintage.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 8:58:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
From OP's post, it sounds like he might have a similar preference for AR controls, and he's asking opinions before dropping a bunch of cash on an option he's not sure he'll like.
View Quote
Fair enough. It wasn't bad advice in that context.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 9:07:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Can you give details of the changes, and how to determine the date of manufacture by SN#? I bought a used X95 and was wondering the vintage.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
IWI changed a few things post Sep 2020 that ended up improving the accuracy.

I am curious as well.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 10:06:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Can’t answer the SN question but on the the post Sep 2020 x95s the recoil system was switched to the 300bo system on all models, the charging handle was changed and something with the bbl interface/lock was changed. Austin Smith at IWI can answer that in more detail.
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 4:31:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
One thing about it being so back heavy, once you add a light and suppressor, maybe a grip and laser, the balance gets evened out a lot. In fact, it gets a lot better than an AR with all that stuff on it.

View Quote

I held one at SHOT a few years back that had the 40mm grenade launcher attached. It was pretty much perfectly balanced. Much less fatiguing to aim shouldered than some of the suppressed AR's on display despite being much heavier. Thats from the balance + having the weight closer to the shoulder so that it exerts less mechanical leverage.

Link Posted: 5/14/2023 6:59:50 AM EDT
[#18]
I have five bullpups. X95, Aug, VHS-2, and two RDBs. Six, if you count the PS90. Out of the box, I would say the VHS-2 is the best of the lot in regards to accuracy, trigger, and handling. Aside from an awkward safety, it’s pretty complete. The X95 is a great rifle, but the accuracy was not that good until I did some fairly pricey upgrades. The RDBs are probably better than even the VHS-2, but I get that some are put off by the sealed off chamber and clamshell construction.
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 7:04:36 AM EDT
[#19]
I’m a lefty, hands down my favorite rifle
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 8:21:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Appreciate the input so far, thx and keep it coming!

Although at least a pound heavier than my 'lightweight' AR's, I don't expect bullpup weight to be an issue for my needs, I had no problems w/the heavier weight of my MSAR Aug clone.
While I would prefer AR-location controls, it's not a deal breaker if they're not, again I had no trouble adapting to the different control locations on the MSAR.
Hellion is out, handled one and I simply don't like the way it feels (even my wife turned her nose up at it! ).
Steyr Aug is out due to the difficulty of securely mounting a WML.
One of the features I liked about both the RDB & X95 is the factory rail at 6 o'clock as I'm a fan of vfg's & afg's. The extra 9 & 3 o'clock rails on the X95 are welcome bonuses even if not eventually used.
X95 is checking a lot of the boxes w/the non-retracting charging handle, QD sling points, AR-similar controls, factory rails, ease of maintenance and general ruggedness/reliability.
Since this would be for closer ranges, long-range accuracy isn't a concern.
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 8:40:31 AM EDT
[#21]
I dont like bullpups. I'll give you my unbiased opinion.

The X95 has a good trigger for a bullpup and is a smooth shooter. Controls are different but not terrible. Really up to the individual to decide if it works for them. Cant speak to accuracy, I was only shooting steel. Has lots of aftermarket support. Is a reliable system.  If I was in the market for a bullpup it's what I would likely get.

VHS was alright but I wish it had a shorter length of pull. Croatians must have long arms.
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 8:58:39 AM EDT
[#22]
For a Bullpup I think its one of the best
Pros:
Reliability is super high
Great ergonomics (for a bullpup)
Good base of aftermarket parts

Cons:
Its heavy (sure it points fast with weight in rear, but weight is weight)
Felt recoil more than a AR.

Having said that I don't own a X95 but I own a SAR
and I think everything applies.
" />
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 11:07:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Austin Smith at IWI can answer that in more detail.
View Quote
Does IWI have a forum presence at all?
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 11:09:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Manticore has a rail that solves that problem.

https://manticorearms.com/product-category/firearm/steyr-aug/

Link Posted: 5/14/2023 1:23:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thx, but that still leaves the original problem of light activation. You're left with either a tape switch on the vfg (w/its concurrent risk of accidental activation) or trying to hang a light down the right side far enough to reach the tailcap switch w/the thumb of your support hand. I tried both on my MSAR but wasn't happy w/either.
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 1:53:20 PM EDT
[#26]
I have an IWI SAR and it is my travel gun when I’m on road trips.  Being from Illinois it is a hassle to get an SBR.   Hopefully our new AWB gets overturned in the courts.  My original SAR trigger reminded me of a Glock NY trigger.  I bought a Geissele Super Sabra trigger pack which I really like.    I have no problem transitioning from AR-15 to Tavor SAR and I really like the bullpup compact size.   I think the SAR/X95 excels when used around vehicles and CQB.   I’ve used an E O Tech and LPVO on my SAR and it currently wears the LPVO.  

It boils to personal choice and use.   I might have bought an X95 had it come out first but I like my SAR and see no reason to get an X95.   If you don’t like the X95 you shouldn’t have any trouble selling it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 4:02:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Thx, but that still leaves the original problem of light activation. You're left with either a tape switch on the vfg (w/its concurrent risk of accidental activation) or trying to hang a light down the right side far enough to reach the tailcap switch w/the thumb of your support hand. I tried both on my MSAR but wasn't happy w/either.
View Quote
I actually attached the tape switch on the side of the receiver up above the VFG so I can hit it with my thumb (shooting right handed). The rail might give you additional options.

But yeah, the X95 is easier. I got the Manticore Optimus forend and mounted my light on that, centered above the barrel. Just a TLR1, I'm not using the X95 for long range shooting.

Link Posted: 5/14/2023 4:44:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I actually attached the tape switch on the side of the receiver up above the VFG so I can hit it with my thumb (shooting right handed). The rail might give you additional options.
But yeah, the X95 is easier. I got the Manticore Optimus forend and mounted my light on that, centered above the barrel. Just a TLR1, I'm not using the X95 for long range shooting.
View Quote

Interesting. Any pics? Thx!
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 8:43:30 PM EDT
[#29]
I have two SARs but no X95s since I was an early adopter.

I'm very happy with mine(one is tac, 18" barrel w/no gas suppressed, and a 16" wearing a 9mm kit with all originall 556 stuff). I run a ShootingSight 3.5 delrin trigger on my 556 SA

I'm a non-enlisted so no training to relearn.

AUGwise I use the Puplight mount for WMLs on these:Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 12:57:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

The AUG actually has one of the most ergonomic WML locations of any rifle I've handled, short of the old integrated WML Hanguard on an MP5.

The PupLight mount. Mounts the WML to the side of the gas block, puts it in the perfect location for thumb activation when using the factory VFG, and places the light just behind the flash hider so there is little to no barrel shadow. My #1 recommended AUG upgrade.

Link Posted: 5/15/2023 1:27:57 AM EDT
[#31]
I run an x95, Tavor Sar and a NATO Aug. They all feel well balanced to me, but the x95 is maybe my favorite of the three. The Sar and Aug are tied.

I had a stroke a few years back and was left with muscle weakness that will never return, not to mention some disk pressing on my spinal cord. It has made shooting and handling a rifle difficult. The x95 with the weight to rear doesn’t cause me to have muscle fatigue. It’s one of the feel rifles I can hold up one handed if need be. I can do this with all three of my bullpups but feel the x95 might be slightly better balanced.

I also like that the controls are more like an AR. I really like this since my muscle memory is there. I also prefer the bolt release on my IWI rifles over my Aug. The Aug I can’t hit with my thumb and get it to release. I’m blaming the muscle weakness for that issue.

I love the x95 and I wouldn’t mind to add a second one to my collection.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 7:07:35 AM EDT
[#32]
I have both. The AUG is just more ergonomic and balances better than x95
I have moved to a standard stock since this pic
Configuration is similar, the TD grip with a pressure switch works well.
Replacing the folding grip with the rail and fixed grip is a plus as well

Link Posted: 5/15/2023 11:56:28 AM EDT
[#33]
My question is X95 or SAR?
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 12:12:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

I asked myself the same question. After handling both at my LGS, the X95 is better suited for my needs:
Better trigger, better control ergonomics and more rail-use options on the handguard.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 12:44:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

agreed 100%. I wanted better ballistics and something that could be easily travelled with. Even at 26" this thing doesn't fit in a normal backpack or anything like that. The controls were close but i thought that if I was in an event that I needed a gun, i want something I'm crazy familiar with. Seeing how I shot semi pro 3 gun for years, that's an AR. Sold it and got a Rattler.

same controls as an AR. Folded it fits into a backpack. Better ballistics with decent ammo than a super short AR. ANd the fun part, I was in an active shooter situation. I WAS SO HAPPY TO NOT HAVE TO THINK ABOUT THE RIFLE IN MY HANDS as it was just an extension and I was processing a million other terrible things at the same time.

so if you are willing to put in the work to make it your go-to, go nuts. Otherwise meh
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 1:29:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

agreed 100%. I wanted better ballistics and something that could be easily travelled with. Even at 26" this thing doesn't fit in a normal backpack or anything like that. The controls were close but i thought that if I was in an event that I needed a gun, i want something I'm crazy familiar with. Seeing how I shot semi pro 3 gun for years, that's an AR. Sold it and got a Rattler.

same controls as an AR. Folded it fits into a backpack. Better ballistics with decent ammo than a super short AR. ANd the fun part, I was in an active shooter situation. I WAS SO HAPPY TO NOT HAVE TO THINK ABOUT THE RIFLE IN MY HANDS as it was just an extension and I was processing a million other terrible things at the same time.

so if you are willing to put in the work to make it your go-to, go nuts. Otherwise meh
View Quote
I'm glad other people like them. I'm glad I don't have to.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 5:01:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Of the two, x95.

The SARS is completely unsupported.
The x95 it’s still supported, however, parts are damn hard to find
If you’re serious about the platform buy two
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 5:08:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Right now I'd get the X95.  I'm an AUG guy but with all the people having issues with stocks cracking I wouldn't really recommend one right now.

In terms of how they perform I'd say the AUG is more accurate, better balanced, cooler looking (personal preference), adjustable gas system, and softer shooting.

The X95 has a better trigger, better ergonomics, and is fully ambi (can't swap CH sides on an AUG and it only has one bolt release on the left and it's only on the standard AUG).  The X95 also has a cold hammer forged and chrome lined barrel (if that matters), where-as the AUG is a cold hammer forged and nitrided barrel.

The Tavor 7 has a 4 position gas regulator so even more options than the AUG, but the X95 and SAR do not have an adjustable gas system.

It's a wash in terms of reliability.  The X95 and AUG are both to hell and back reliable.

If you like suppressors then the AUG will suppress better than an X95 with the suppressor plug.

I got rid of my AUG and only have the X95 now, but I'll always love the AUG.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 9:44:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Q for X95 owners:
How long in inches is the bottom Picatinny rail on the X95? Thx!
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 1:16:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Q for X95 owners:
How long in inches is the bottom Picatinny rail on the X95? Thx!
View Quote
On the OEM handguard?

It's about 6 1/4" on the bottom.

The side rails are about 4" of usable, then there is a QD sling point at the front of that (you could slide something over that if you secure using the slots before it).
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 2:48:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
On the OEM handguard?

It's about 6 1/4" on the bottom.

The side rails are about 4" of usable, then there is a QD sling point at the front of that (you could slide something over that if you secure using the slots before it).
View Quote

I asked because if I do snag an X95 I have an experiment I'd like to try on the bottom rail and 6" looks to be perfect. Thx!
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 10:56:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Okay, I've got my X95.
Wanted OD but settled for black due to the $250 price difference (got the black for $1,620 OTD).

Hit the range and wasn't disappointed, no unpleasant surprises.
Trigger and accuracy are acceptable for what this carbine's designed for, but I can understand those who would like better accuracy and a better trigger.
X95 handles very well, especially transitions, additional weight not an issue due to balance & back-heavy design.
Charging handle requires more force than an AR, but again not an issue.

The X95 isn't an 'AR killer', but then it wasn't designed to be. For those wanting compactness & extreme ruggedness/durability, the X95 delivers.
No buyer's remorse here!

Btw, this is an excellent budget case for the X95, fits like it was designed for it:
28" Case

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 8:37:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Okay, I've got my X95.
Wanted OD but settled for black due to the $250 price difference (got the black for $1,620 OTD).

Hit the range and wasn't disappointed, no unpleasant surprises.
Trigger and accuracy are acceptable for what this carbine's designed for, but I can understand those who would like better accuracy and a better trigger.
X95 handles very well, especially transitions, additional weight not an issue due to balance & back-heavy design.
Charging handle requires more force than an AR, but again not an issue.

The X95 isn't an 'AR killer', but then it wasn't designed to be. For those wanting compactness & extreme ruggedness/durability, the X95 delivers.
No buyer's remorse here!

[url]https://i.imgur.com/9YPgu2b.jpg">https://i.imgur.com/9YPgu2b.jpg">[url]https://i.imgur.com/9YPgu2b.jpg

Btw, this is an excellent budget case for the X95, fits like it was designed for it:
28" Case
View Quote
Nice!

What is that AFG you have on there?  I've not seen one that is solid like that; is it 3D printed?
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 8:39:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Also, I can highly recommend Manticore parts.  Their buttpad changed my SAR for the considerably better, I highly highly recommend it.

And you need to get yourself a good sling, and maybe some 40 round mags; the 40s don't seem to stick out as much with a bullpup.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 9:30:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Nice!
What is that AFG you have on there?  I've not seen one that is solid like that; is it 3D printed?
View Quote

Thx!
It's the Olight Sigurd AFG/WML: Olight Sigurd
That's the 'experiment' I was referring to in an earlier post.
Fits like it was made for the X95, I like it so far.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 9:33:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Also, I can highly recommend Manticore parts.  Their buttpad changed my SAR for the considerably better, I highly highly recommend it.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/129976/image-207374.jpg

And you need to get yourself a good sling, and maybe some 40 round mags; the 40s don't seem to stick out as much with a bullpup.
View Quote

Thx.
Manticore buttpads arrive today (yes, I purchased 2 X95's ) and my fav Magpul MS-1 slings are now set up properly, just not shown in the pic.
I already have lots of 30rd Lancers from my AR's, I may have to try a Magpul 40 for S&G's. I have a Lancer 20 in the X95 behind my headboard.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 9:50:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Speaking of setting up an X95...anyone know a source for the IWI Tavor magazines?

I'd like a couple just to have.

Link Posted: 5/19/2023 12:49:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Manticore buttpads arrived a little while ago. Quick/easy install, great upgrade from the factory buttpad.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 8:57:39 PM EDT
[#49]
My opinion is the best thing you can do to an X95 balance/weight is to make it a 13" SBR and flat buttpad (its like 2.5" longer than a PS90 SBR!).  Reduced LOP to normal A1-A2ish length and drops about a pound.
When you put a can and full 30rd magazine, red dot, and small light, it will still be heavy (but not as heavy).  However it neatly balances right on the pistol grip.

If you dont want to do the paperwork, you can do a poor mans version and install the short handguards, P/W the FH to the 16" barrel, then flat buttpad.  Looks very similar to the current IDF version which uses a 15" barrel.  Example
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 10:55:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Does IWI have a forum presence at all?
View Quote

They say they read the forums but don’t know any specifics. You find them on the IWI weapons group on FB.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top