Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2018 5:54:10 PM EDT
So I have a Dead Air Mask in Dealer NFA jail right now. (First suppressor!)

Time to start getting the suppressor hosts ready. One of the handguns that I want to use the Mask on is the Ruger SR .22 that my kids practice .22 pistol marksmanship with. Which barrel would be better with the SR22/Mask combo, the factory threaded Ruger barrel or the Twin Tech threaded barrel?
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 6:45:32 PM EDT
[#1]
If one tests appreciably more accurate, -that's the one for me.

For others, a lighter weight might be the more important deciding factor.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 10:54:36 PM EDT
[#2]
If the gun is not threaded already I would just sell it and buy the same gun in a threaded model. You will most likely come out even or better doing this. When I got my first 2 cans a Mask an Ga Optimus I sold 3 of my guns and turn around and bought the same models except in threaded versions. I actually made money on 2 of the trades.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 12:08:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 1:38:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ruger because they deserve it
View Quote
No complaints here with the TwinTech.  Honestly I trust after-market guys to properly thread barrels moreso than OEMs these days.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 3:13:11 AM EDT
[#5]
My factory SR22 barrel was threaded way off. You could see the can angled up and the alignment rod showed the end of the suppressor was off by over a 1\4"

Then to top it off they made me pay to send it back and returned it with a note that it was within spec
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 11:52:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My factory SR22 barrel was threaded way off. You could see the can angled up and the alignment rod showed the end of the suppressor was off by over a 1\4"

Then to top it off they made me pay to send it back and returned it with a note that it was within spec
View Quote
I appreciate the replies! Sorry for the delay in follow up. I ended up working insane overtime for the last two months.

I initially was going to purchase the Twin Tech barrel. I went to the website to buy and....... all out of stock. So the decision was made for me and I got the Ruger barrel.

Good news is I just had a visit on the range with my Mask while its in jail and the SR 22 with the Ruger barrel and Dead Air Mask functioned flawlessly, was accurate at 15 yards, and a heck of a lot of fun!
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 10:38:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Good to hear.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top