Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2020 10:52:25 AM EDT
@stretch_1983 posted his pretty cool collection...some less-common blades in that photo motivated me to grab a few rare ones, odds and ends and harder to ID blades that I have.  I am missing a few as my son as "borrowed" them (like a couple Randall knives, my CR Project 1, etc.)...but here's a few.  I should offer something up if someone can identify them all, but that's unfair as some are custom knives, and many are now defunct makes such as Livesay, REKAT, Black Cloud Knives, etc...

Attachment Attached File

ROCK6
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 11:36:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Impressive collection!
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 11:56:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Impressive collection!
View Quote

Yeah, that bladed shit piles up over the years...that's a good 1/4 of the collection, but some of the more odd-ball or cool stuff.  Many recognize the ESEE Junglas, but many don't know it originated with Livesay producing the first design as the RTAK in collaboration with Jeff Randall (shown as the larger blade in the upper right).

And then there's the Mission Knives Titanium folder...just unique.  

Also, one of the first "mega" folders was Al Mar's original SERE.

Not many recall REKAT knives and their origination of the axis locking mechanism; my Pocket Hobbit had a odd placement of the unlocking mechanism...

While the Blackjack Mamba has some recognition, the actual maker (under BRKT) made their EVO-1 version.

I left my Hoodlum out of the picture, but before Buck made them, TOPS actually made a batch of 100.

If you dig around, you'll find an old Tactical Knives front cover photo of Ernest Mayer's Black Cloud Knives "Szabo Bush Sword" collaboration with Laci Szabo.

Who new a 35-year professional musician (Bud Nealy) makes some excellent self-defensive knives and knife-sheath systems?

While controversial, I carried my Mad Dog PATAK for over decade in the military and more than a few continents, numerous deployments and a few combat tours.

As flippers were just becoming "all the rage" I was a skeptic.  I ordered a custom Hinderer without a flipper

Another knife not shown as I think my son "borrowed it" is one of the first knives made by Andy Roy of Fiddleback Forge; it was a great little Nessmuk knife he sent to me in Iraq...for free.  I was humbled and became a big supporter of his business.

They all have a story or two

ROCK6
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 12:27:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Really dig the Fehrman's.

Is that a Skookum I see or the American Knife Co version?

I love my Skookum, traded into mine then traded back to the original owner who traded it back to me again.
The original owner is a close friend of mine, we have an arrangement concerning that blade, if either of us gets the urge to part ways with it, it must be offered to either of us first before it goes on the chopping block.

That knife will most likely never leave my possession again.

Link Posted: 6/23/2020 1:41:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Really dig the Fehrman's.

Is that a Skookum I see or the American Knife Co version?

I love my Skookum, traded into mine then traded back to the original owner who traded it back to me again.
The original owner is a close friend of mine, we have an arrangement concerning that blade, if either of us gets the urge to part ways with it, it must be offered to either of us first before it goes on the chopping block.

That knife will most likely never leave my possession again.

View Quote

Yeah, I had a Fehrman kick awhile back.  Sold the 7" one and really like the 5" and larger Judgement Day for what they are; their 3V steel is awesome.

I have two Rod Garcia Skookum Bush Tools.  They really are the top evolution of a bush craft knife...love'em!  My son lost his bushcraft interest, but I'm saving one to gift him down the road (before he "borrows" one at least)

ROCK6
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 5:14:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 11:47:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 6:18:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What is this one on the far right?
View Quote

It's the Rat Waki from Swamp Rat Knives...

ROCK6
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 6:44:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
@stretch_1983 posted his pretty cool collection...some less-common blades in that photo motivated me to grab a few rare ones, odds and ends and harder to ID blades that I have.  I am missing a few as my son as "borrowed" them (like a couple Randall knives, my CR Project 1, etc.)...but here's a few.  I should offer something up if someone can identify them all, but that's unfair as some are custom knives, and many are now defunct makes such as Livesay, REKAT, Black Cloud Knives, etc...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/2353/20200623_104203_jpg-1473427.JPG

ROCK6
View Quote

Impressive collection

I have some serious work to do to match that!
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 1:03:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Impressive collection

I have some serious work to do to match that!
View Quote

Hahaha, thanks!  Yeah, it's been a military career of collecting and using  I want to say my oldest there is an early 90's Busse Steelheart II...

ROCK6
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 11:00:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Another big REKAT fan here. Still carry my Carnivore fairly often and really wish another US company would pick up the line. Great looking collection.
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 11:03:06 PM EDT
[#11]
An old knife that I sold 10 years ago to a friend was returned to me today.

Crusader Forge Oberland 01.

Link Posted: 6/24/2020 11:18:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Do you have any Lucas Burnley knives?
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 7:25:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Another big REKAT fan here. Still carry my Carnivore fairly often and really wish another US company would pick up the line. Great looking collection.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yeah, it really sucked to see them go under; they were very innovative.  I have the Sifu, Carnivore, Pocket Hobbit, and their neck knife...

Quoted:
An old knife that I sold 10 years ago to a friend was returned to me today.

Crusader Forge Oberland 01.

Very cool.  I had one from Crusader Forge years ago and sold it...good blade.

Quoted:

Only some of his commercial collaborations.  His custom knives are hard to come by, but I've handled some of his work at the Blade Show...excellent stuff.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 10:44:19 AM EDT
[#14]
I had 4 Crusader Forge fixed blades at one time, all you seem to find now are his beastly folders, once in a blue moon a fixed blade pops up for sale.
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 7:11:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Hahaha, thanks!  Yeah, it's been a military career of collecting and using  I want to say my oldest there is an early 90's Busse Steelheart II...

ROCK6
View Quote

My oldest blade would be the Arisaka Bayonet
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 8:35:53 PM EDT
[#16]
New one added today.

TRC Apocalypse

Link Posted: 6/27/2020 10:48:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
New one added today.

TRC Apocalypse

View Quote

I had to look that one up...very nice.  I love see some of knife designers coming out of eastern Europe; a lot of passionate knife peeps in that part of the world.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 11:16:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Reasonably priced but uncommon... considering having the feaux edge ground  now that knife laws in TX permit carry of daggers.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/8/2020 11:40:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/2353/20200623_104203_jpg-1473427.JPG

ROCK6
View Quote

The first step is admitting you have a problem.
Second is not really caring..  awesome
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 8:41:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Nice! A lot from the same era I've got...old Blackjack pre Becker knives, Fehrman, old Tops, REKAT pioneers and Carnivores, Simonich... Remember Talonite?...lots of Busses, Ranger knives (supposedly made from Busse blanks)...

Might need to pull out the collection again!
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 8:58:17 PM EDT
[#21]
@ROCK6

What do you think of the extrema ratios?

I've had my eye on the talon, but also just curious how they stack up.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 10:05:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

The "Strafe" by CRKT is a really nice blade design by him.

Paladin
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 8:22:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
@ROCK6

What do you think of the extrema ratios?

I've had my eye on the talon, but also just curious how they stack up.
View Quote

They're good, but expensive for what they are.  Kind of like TOPS knives, they have olay materials, but good construction, designs, and heat treatment.  

Bottom line, if you like the design and accept the price, you won't be disappointed in quality or performance.  Overpriced, but well made.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 9:46:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Picked up this custom through a distributor from a guy out of Poland.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 10:23:41 AM EDT
[#25]
What's your method of storage?

Individually, in a roll or possibly a pelican type case?
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 12:31:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 1:42:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
What's your method of storage?

Individually, in a roll or possibly a pelican type case?
View Quote

Sadly, I just stack some on the top shelf in one of my gun safes  I do have some nice folder storage pouches.  Most of my big stuff is in a large workbench drawer I have in my mancave.  All are users and have had some dirt-time to some degree or another.  I don't think I have any "collectibles" that are kept pristine...

ROCK6

Link Posted: 11/25/2020 11:22:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Sadly, I just stack some on the top shelf in one of my gun safes  I do have some nice folder storage pouches.  Most of my big stuff is in a large workbench drawer I have in my mancave.  All are users and have had some dirt-time to some degree or another.  I don't think I have any "collectibles" that are kept pristine...

ROCK6

View Quote

Thanks for the reply. I've been looking for a method to store larger knives that's manageable and not 2/3s foam.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top