Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2024 1:40:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: VaFish]
CMP Expert Grade .308 with a Ultimak rail and a Sig Echo 1 Thermal.   I call it Schweinbane.

Link Posted: 2/11/2024 9:48:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Not mine, the Ultimak doesn't damage anything and the optic works. if I owned a "Expert" in 308 I might do the same.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 10:17:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Straight up blasphemy of the highest order!
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 12:40:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DonFlynn:
Not mine, the Ultimak doesn't damage anything and the optic works. if I owned a "Expert" in 308 I might do the same.
View Quote

The reason I went with the Ultimak is because it's not a permanent change.  Loosen 4 screws and I can put it back the way it was.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 1:40:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By VaFish:

The reason I went with the Ultimak is because it's not a permanent change.  Loosen 4 screws and I can put it back the way it was.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By VaFish:
Originally Posted By DonFlynn:

I have one on a M1 carbine

It's a new production Fulton Armory though
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 1:44:27 PM EDT
[#5]
*Cough* Tim Shufflin *Cough* https://shuffsparkerizing.com/services/the-mini-g/
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 4:19:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Trollslayer] [#6]
Originally Posted By VaFish:  This should make someones head explode.
View Quote

BOOM!

I want an Ultimak rail for accuracy testing but just cannot bring myself to spend $200 for it.  Maybe if I use it and then re-sell it,...
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 6:33:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Seven-Shooter] [#7]
You think that makes heads explode?

Try a Mini-G in .308 with Ultimak rail, scout scope, buttstock clip pouch, and a Smith Enterprises muzzle device.

Its fun.

ETA:  has a QD mounted H1 RDS on it for now, to make it lighter and more handy.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 5:32:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Trollslayer] [#8]
I was just thinking of treating myself and splurging on one.  Then, I realized it is not just the $200 for the base.

I'd need a new LER scope and some rings.  That would raise the total tab up into the range $500 or so.  

OUCH!

It's a nice thing, and I'd really like to know if my limited accuracy I get with my M1 is me or the rifle, but it is not worth $500 to know.

After all, if it's me, what can be done?  Nothing.  Train more using a collector's item?

If it is the rifle, what can be done?  Rebarrel (not cheap)?  Accurize everything (but lose GI originality)?  

Nope, I'm going to keep it as-is.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 6:34:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Weird flex but ok.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 10:42:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Seven-Shooter:
You think that makes heads explode?

Try a Mini-G in .308 with Ultimak rail, scout scope, buttstock clip pouch, and a Smith Enterprises muzzle device.

Its fun.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/129976/184FA8FF-B0A9-446D-BA3B-8534A0ACD301-2735152.jpghttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/129976/491E8E57-7C56-4BE5-A476-7E7F3C27A752-2734121.jpg

ETA:  has a QD mounted H1 RDS on it for now, to make it lighter and more handy.
View Quote

That's definitely got me beat.

Although if you put the thermal and a suppressor on it that would be the ultimate.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 7:44:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 9:40:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sailormilan2] [#12]
My Home Defense gun.

For a little more power.

I need to do the same for one of my Tanker Garands.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 10:22:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MallNinja531] [#13]
It's ugly and I wouldn't do it, but I also understand function over form and you increased the capabilities, so I get it on that front. If it was an M1a it'd make more sense to me though. But it's also not permanent so it's not like it couldn't be unscrewed in a couple minutes.

I have a friend who put scout scopes on a couple of his garands. It's "bleh" to me, but his eye sight is getting pretty terrible and it's the only way he can shoot/enjoy them, so Id rather that than him give up shooting them completely.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top