Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2023 3:14:07 PM EDT
I have a nice WF Pvs14 I picked up a couple years back from JRH.

Don't use it a ton but am thinking of upgrading to a dual tube setup.

Clueless on best way to do this.  Sell my unit and buy a dual setup, or add onto unit I already have?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 3:21:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Contact one of the many NV companies and tell them your specs and you want a matching tube and what housing you want.

They put it all together and ship binos and empty pvs14 back. Sell pvs14 to offset cost.
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 4:29:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I recently went through this same exercise with my dual pvs14’s.

I bought mine off of the EE for a good deal and even with the cost of the katana housing and conversion i came out a little ahead or equal to selling the pvs-14’s and buying duals outright.

The advantages for me was i didn’t have to mess with selling anything, i didn’t have to worry about the specs on the new duals and only had to wait the lead time to have the 14’s converted to the katanas. (Versus selling and then buying the duals)

It’s going to be different in each case but that’s what worked for me and I’ve been very happy with the outcome.

Link Posted: 11/20/2023 8:25:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By chaas67:
I recently went through this same exercise with my dual pvs14’s.

I bought mine off of the EE for a good deal and even with the cost of the katana housing and conversion i came out a little ahead or equal to selling the pvs-14’s and buying duals outright.

The advantages for me was i didn’t have to mess with selling anything, i didn’t have to worry about the specs on the new duals and only had to wait the lead time to have the 14’s converted to the katanas. (Versus selling and then buying the duals)

It’s going to be different in each case but that’s what worked for me and I’ve been very happy with the outcome.

View Quote

So I buy another PVS14 that closely matches specs on the one I have and then buy a housing and basically build a bino unit?
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 9:55:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chaas67] [#4]
Originally Posted By Yotehunter87:

So I buy another PVS14 that closely matches specs on the one I have and then buy a housing and basically build a bino unit?
View Quote

In simple terms - Yes.

I sent my 14’s into Nocturn industries and they installed them into a Katana housing. At the time it was about 8 weeks lead time for them to convert them.

Since you have only one 14 currently,  it might make more sense to buy bino’s and sell your 14. You’ll end up with two PVS-14 housings and the time to find another 14 that matches your existing 14 could be a bit of a hunt.

If it wasn’t for the deal that I got on a pair of 14’s it wouldn’t have made sense but I got lucky.

Link Posted: 11/20/2023 10:11:56 PM EDT
[#5]
keep the $5K. IMO duals aren't worth the double cost for 5% more ability. especially if you don't use them a lot.
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 1:22:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By slappomatt:
keep the $5K. IMO duals aren't worth the double cost for 5% more ability. especially if you don't use them a lot.
View Quote

Interesting..ill .definitely consider that.
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 3:15:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Currahee] [#7]
Originally Posted By Yotehunter87:

Interesting..I'll .definitely consider that.
View Quote
Keep the 14 as a loaner.  That way you can use them more.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/21/2023 9:14:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 8:43:32 AM EDT
[#9]
I'd get a second PVS14 and do a pano type bridge. At least that way the duals actually gets you something extra. Plus you can pull them apart and loan one to a buddy to train or hunt so you use them more.

If you are really wanting lightweight and not a pano bridge, get duals first and keep the 14 to be sure you are happy with the duals before selling tbe 14. Sell 14 after you have at least one training session or hunt with a friend. At least then they may want to buy your 14 and the loss is subsiding a friend getting into NV instead of just being a financial loss.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 2:24:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GunnyFitz] [#10]
Originally Posted By Lowdown3:
Our tube inventory is a lot less than this summer, but we still have approximately 250 tubes in stock. Shouldn't be a problem to find a close match to what you bought from us previously. You can call or email with your system number from the side of your unit and we will pull the data sheet and look for a close match.

[email protected]

No matter the route you take, either buying a complete 14 or just looking for a tube close to your current one, we can help you.
Thanks again for your business.
View Quote

I'm of the different mindset. Either sell the 14 you have or keep it but invest in a set of quality dual tube binos. Doesn't have to be Tier 1 shit but I'm willing to bet you'll enjoy that 10x more than bridged PVS14s.

I'll also vouch for Robert here for quality gear at great pricing!
Top Top