BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 66
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 9:44:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By steve8140:
ATF called me today regarding a issue (on their end with a new software system their using the last two weeks).

The woman said their eform timeline was around 150 days but she said it realistically it’s 180 currently.
View Quote

Hopefully, 180. I’m at 180 tomorrow with my first. 136 for my 2nd. This waiting game is just excruciating.
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 11:07:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By steve8140:
ATF called me today regarding a issue (on their end with a new software system their using the last two weeks).

The woman said their eform timeline was around 150 days but she said it realistically it’s 180 currently.
View Quote

fuck.
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 1:21:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Not to rain on your unicorn parade - but I have one @ 192 days, one @ 189 and one @ 171.  The good news / bad news is that is seems like they are processing / approving them more sequentially since their software update.  Seems like they are currently approving 2/18-2/21's.
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 2:38:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Attachment Attached File

Submitted an eForm 1 SBR in June and would love if it had come back fast like they used to.
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 10:17:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By AZgunner:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/500752/0F20E61E-D963-4061-BDDB-C1BE5A80C9E6_jpe-2512003.JPG

Submitted an eForm 1 SBR in June and would love if it had come back fast like they used to.
View Quote

Pleaseeeeeee
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 5:31:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By AZgunner:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/500752/0F20E61E-D963-4061-BDDB-C1BE5A80C9E6_jpe-2512003.JPG

View Quote

So I guess end of July isn’t close
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 9:40:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Wishful .  Its two months. Or more.
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 8:13:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: amediocreshooter] [#8]
I am rocking and rolling.

Eform 4 took 2 months
Paper form 4 took 3 months

Interestingly I’ve had similar experiences in the past. Wonder why I’m on their radar.
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 8:51:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: r-2-k-b-a] [#9]
Originally Posted By amediocreshooter:
I am rocking and rolling.

Eform 4 took 2 months
Paper form 4 took 3 months

Interestingly I’ve had similar experiences in the past. Wonder why I’m on their radar.
View Quote

So far nobody has been capable of explaining it. But the past is in the past.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 2:48:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, I'm now at 6 months - 185 days - and nothing. I was certified on March 7th with eForms.

I've seen a number of Form 1s and paper Form 4s approved on this website lately, but not many eForm 4s. Not sure what's going on, but things sure seem to have stalled for eForm 4 approvals...
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 5:33:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By bballman25:
Well, I'm now at 6 months - 185 days - and nothing. I was certified on March 7th with eForms.

I've seen a number of Form 1s and paper Form 4s approved on this website lately, but not many eForm 4s. Not sure what's going on, but things sure seem to have stalled for eForm 4 approvals...
View Quote

I’m March 5th and still waiting as well. There were one or two 30-60 day eForm 4 approvals I saw in the thread that boggle my mind. At least the 5320.20s I submitted recently didn’t take too long.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 10:50:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: amediocreshooter] [#12]
nvm.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 5:05:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Does a follow up call make a difference?
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 6:56:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By snakeyes711:
Does a follow up call make a difference?
View Quote
No.  The only thing a call does is tell you your stuff didn't get lost in the mail.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 10:09:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Serious question, why do eform 4s take longer than eform 1s. I mean isn't it pretty much the same paperwork and process to approve.
If anything it should be faster because the fingerprints are digital, and are recieved right away.

I'm still new to all of this, I just purchased my first suppressor on Saturday. Sorry if it's been covered before.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 10:11:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By AWZ1287:
Serious question, why do eform 4s take longer than eform 1s. I mean isn't it pretty much the same paperwork and process to approve.
If anything it should be faster because the fingerprints are digital, and are recieved right away.

I'm still new to all of this, I just purchased my first suppressor on Saturday. Sorry if it's been covered before.
View Quote
I would imagine that the # of form 4s are significantly larger than the # of form 1s.  Just a guess.
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 4:53:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Submitted Form 1 (trust) for an RPG-2 DD on 06/14 and crickets ever since. Getting restless seeing that people who submitted after me are getting their stamps back.
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 3:46:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Anyone have a form 4 get denied because of wrong model? Just happened to me. Called my dealer but waiting on a callback.

Hoping this doesn’t completely restart my wait time
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 5:07:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By thatguybryan:
Anyone have a form 4 get denied because of wrong model? Just happened to me. Called my dealer but waiting on a callback.

Hoping this doesn't completely restart my wait time
View Quote
Happens somewhat frequently on the Form 1 side due to people putting the incorrect info, but I'd say it's not too common for Form 4 transfers so long as the dealer doing the transfer properly refers to the model number used on the form that was used to transfer the item to them.

If you've gotten a denial, that application is done.  You'll have to fill out a new form, pay a new $200, and get back in line.  Based on recent reports from people re-submitting due to this type of "technicality" denial, ATF is not making exceptions any longer to push you up in the queue, but that might also be the discretion of each examiner.
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 6:37:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TACTICAL] [#20]

View Quote

Can you read the examiners name? Get your dealer to refile and you email the examiner the new control number ASAP. Is it guaranteed to work, NO. Has it worked, YES!
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 8:03:26 AM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

Was this eFile or a paper Form?
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 10:30:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By willi3d:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By willi3d:

Gotta be paper, you can't really f'up make/mod/sn/cal with eforms.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 10:57:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pool_shark] [#23]
Originally Posted By BladedRonin:

Have you seen their organizational system?    They dont know you exist until they see it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BladedRonin:
Originally Posted By Tanren37:

ATF should do a one time birthday present approval.  No matter where you are in line, if it's your birthday you get a happy little surprise.  

Just throwing that out there........

Have you seen their organizational system?    They dont know you exist until they see it.

Actually, I think they are more organized then we believe.

I dropped an old FLL/SOT due to business restructuring. Put in a expedite request with my IOI, who then forwarded it to head of our branch. They had my final 28 forms approved and in my PO box in 5 business days.

These all ranged from 2 months to 14 months.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 5:22:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thatguybryan] [#24]
Originally Posted By movingalong:

Gotta be paper, you can't really f'up make/mod/sn/cal with eforms.
View Quote

It was efile actually. I called and emailed my dealer but haven’t heard back on what they are doing yet.

The worst part is that it has been less than 3 months, so I presume it would have been a real quick approval compared to most current wait times.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 11:29:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Man, is the ATF even approving any eFiles anymore? I'm hardly seeing anything on here with eForm 4 approvals. I'm at 198 days now. Wonder when SS will change their wait times from 6 months to 7 months. I get 90 days is a goal, but more than double that is beyond negligent...
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 3:01:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Man, is the ATF even approving any eFiles anymore? I'm hardly seeing anything on here with eForm 4 approvals. I'm at 198 days now. Wonder when SS will change their wait times from 6 months to 7 months. I get 90 days is a goal, but more than double that is beyond negligent...
View Quote

Even on the reddit approval threads, eform4 have all but stopped.

The fatf is really, really slow rolling this stuff.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 5:23:23 PM EDT
[#27]
In nine months of the system being open they haven't even completed the first two months of work load. Not looking so good.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:39:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By seaskidoo:

Even on the reddit approval threads, eform4 have all but stopped.

The fatf is really, really slow rolling this stuff.
View Quote

I just checked the reddit approval thread. Looks like they're starting to approve some eForm 4s. Most are in the 2/24-2/25 certified date range. There was one for 3/1.

I was certified 3/7, so I sit at 200 days today. Most of those going through are 203-210 days. Problem is, the longer I wait, the more the days for approval get pushed back. Doesn't seem all that long ago the approval time was around 150 days when I was at around 135. Wait, wait, wait.

I really think SS needs to take that 90 day "goal" off their website. Really gives a ton of false hope...
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 3:39:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Landsat8:
Submitted Form 1 (trust) for an RPG-2 DD on 06/14 and crickets ever since. Getting restless seeing that people who submitted after me are getting their stamps back.
View Quote

Today marks 100 days and I'm seeing other form 1s for SBRs come through in 52 days. Are DD's treated differently? I called the NFA branch today and wouldnt tell me anything aside from it was pending.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:06:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Or your submission got assigned to one of the laziest agents there.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:19:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 5:19:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Day 56 on a F1 SBR. I must have gotten one of the lazy bastards and not Mrs. Carol
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 8:44:24 AM EDT
[#33]
SS now shows eForm 4 approvals at 6-7 months. Keeps getting longer and longer…
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 8:47:39 AM EDT
[#34]
SS now shows eForm 4 approvals at 6-7 months. Keeps getting longer and longer
View Quote
All part of the plan
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 9:25:20 AM EDT
[#35]
SS now shows eForm 4 approvals at 6-7 months. Keeps getting longer and longer…
View Quote

This has been the case for at least 30-45 days.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 10:10:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By r-2-k-b-a:

This has been the case for at least 30-45 days.
View Quote

Yep, the closer I get, the more the bar is moved…
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 10:24:46 AM EDT
[#37]
SS now shows eForm 4 approvals at 6-7 months. Keeps getting longer and longer
View Quote
It will shoot up to a year and probably level off there.  That's when they will have to take action because if the averages get longer then that we can probably sue and a court will force them to do something about it.  The last thing they want is for a judge to impose something like a 30 day deadline.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 10:28:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By TescoVee:
It will shoot up to a year and probably level off there.  That's when they will have to take action because if the averages get longer then that we can probably sue and a court will force them to do something about it.  The last thing they want is for a judge to impose something like a 30 day deadline.
View Quote
Yeah they better be sued.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 10:35:08 AM EDT
[#39]
Would a crowdfunded lawsuit even be reasonable at this point or would average waits have to get a lot longer?  @nolocontendere
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 11:50:16 AM EDT
[#40]
Would a crowdfunded lawsuit even be reasonable at this point or would average waits have to get a lot longer?  @nolocontendere
View Quote
Courts: You don't have standing...
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 2:41:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By metalsaber:
Courts: You don't have standing...
View Quote
You're right, they'd just fast walk my couple of forms if I sued them to take away standing.  However someone with thousands of forms like silencershop would on the ground that they are hurting commerce.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 2:45:32 PM EDT
[#42]
You're right, they'd just fast walk my couple of forms if I sued them to take away standing.  However someone with thousands of forms like silencershop would on the ground that they are hurting commerce.
View Quote

Silencer Shop doesn't submit any Form 4's as the transferor, its the Powered By Dealer.

Link Posted: 9/24/2022 3:05:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By DogtownTom:

Silencer Shop doesn't submit any Form 4's as the transferor, its the Powered By Dealer.

View Quote
It still directly affects their business.  You could get a bunch of dealers together as well to be named on the suit.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 4:03:51 PM EDT
[#44]
It still directly affects their business.  You could get a bunch of dealers together as well to be named on the suit.
View Quote

I accept PayPal, Venmo and Zelle.
Once I have around $100,000 I think I would have enough to hire Saul Goodman to take the case.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 2:36:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Form 4 efile, the new paper form. What a joke!
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 5:01:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By bad_bowtie:
Day 56 on a F1 SBR. I must have gotten one of the lazy bastards and not Mrs. Carol
View Quote

I did an eForm 1 on August 3, approved on 9/22. 2 eForm 1's on August 4, one approved on 9/23, both by Carol Ripley. No freaking idea why the 3rd hasn't been approved, it was 28 minutes after the 2nd one.

I have 2 eForm 4's to submit, one through my normal NFA guy and another through SilencerShop, so I'll have an updated Schedule A for my trust to include, and don't know if not having the last SBR done will matter or not in a pending submission. I have 4 pending eForm 4's through SilencerShop.

My last Form 4 (paper) took 13 months and 10 days.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 8:27:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Looks like they're into March.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 8:35:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By snakeyes711:
Looks like they're into March.
View Quote

I'm late March
So yay
My 90 days target has been surpassed twice now lol
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 5:06:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Feb 28….finally.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 2:15:36 PM EDT
[#50]
well, the eform 4 on my R9, order 11/24/21, certified 3/21/22, got denied because the "Powered by" dealer signed it with a generic "Store Manager" instead of putting an actual name. I am told this can not be corrected, and the form 4 has to be submitted all over again.  Back to the end of the line.  FML.  Choose your dealer carefully.

I may just get a refund and buy something else.  Tired of this crap.
Page / 66
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top