Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2024 4:16:42 PM EDT
Okay.

With the .300 Blackout barrels for the AUG on the horizon....how long do you think it's gonna take someone to blow up their 5.56 AUG with the wrong round?

I am going to give it one week.  Seven days from the first one hitting hands to when someone gets their AUG blowed up. (You Tube testers and gun writers are NOT included in this.)

Circumstance:  five bucks says it's not the shooter but a buddy who grabs the wrong rounds or mags while the lead shooter is preoccupied with something'

Place your dates, folks!

Link Posted: 3/16/2024 4:25:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I worked for a firearms company, and we had 300BLK in 5.56 come in all the time for warranty. Probably 2-3 per month. I got pretty good at extracting the casing from the locked up/blown up action and sending back proof of the voided warranty. Got a couple death pencils out of the barrels as well.

Yeah, someone's gonna blow up their AUG.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 4:29:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sgtlmj:
I worked for a firearms company, and we had 300BLK in 5.56 come in all the time for warranty. Probably 2-3 per month. I got pretty good at extracting the casing from the locked up/blown up action and sending back proof of the voided warranty. Got a couple death pencils out of the barrels as well.

Yeah, someone's gonna blow up their AUG.
View Quote
I don't want them too....but, yeah, it is gonna happen.  Would love to see one of the death pencils!  That's gotta be EPIC!
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 4:45:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Princeton] [#3]
Have (insert appropriate name here) call me!

BTW, what is the projected price of the .300 barrels going to be?

And, assuming the barrels will be complete, is it strictly a barrel swap? No other parts needed?
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 5:04:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Yeah, someone's gonna blow up their face.
View Quote

Fixed
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 5:08:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Frens:

Fixed
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Frens:

Yeah, someone's gonna blow up their face.

Fixed
We're gonna find out how tough ALLLL of the stocks are!!!!  
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 5:10:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: desertmoon] [#6]
Originally Posted By Princeton:
Have (insert appropriate name here) call me!

BTW, what is the projected price of the .300 barrels going to be?

And, assuming the barrels will be complete, is it strictly a barrel swap? No other parts needed?
View Quote
@Princeton

Far as I recall from the recent videos it's just a barrel swap, though the barrels do come with an AUG .300 blackout specific magazine, too. (OR...at least I think so...I could be wrong on that )  Lemme find the video.  Be right back.

A .300 Blackout Steyr AUG is FINALLY ON THE WAY!

Link Posted: 3/16/2024 5:20:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: desertmoon] [#7]
Another direct from Steyr:

AUG A3/M1 300 BLK Instructional Video

Yes.  It will ship with a specific Steyr .300 Blackout mag.  That being said....mags that work with both will....work...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top