Girlfriend’s dad bought it

Afraid to say what he paid

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 5:01:18 PM EDT
[#1]
What is the USGI parts count?

What are the markings on the trigger housing, hammer, oprod, bolt, rear sight knobs, and barrel?

The McMillan stock is a plus.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 5:31:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What is the USGI parts count?

What are the markings on the trigger housing, hammer, oprod, bolt, rear sight knobs, and barrel?

The McMillan stock is a plus.
View Quote
At a min I know the flash suppressor is
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 5:48:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Start by pulling the trigger group out. Check online if you don't know how. That'll let the stock come off, and the barrel and oprod markings will be visible with no further disassembly.

The markings on the bolt and rear sight knobs are obvious with no disassembly.

National Match features will justify a little more money for the rifle.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 7:28:26 PM EDT
[#4]
He can email or call Springfield Armory with the serial number and they will tell him what year it was produced and what configuration that receiver left the factory as.  According to Different's book, that is probably a 1998-99 rifle.

It looks like a factory SuperMatch.  That is the kind of stock they had and it's bedded into that stock like a SuperMatch.  If it's a SuperMatch, it might have a rear lug that is screwed into the receiver.

Current SuperMatch:

Link Posted: 11/11/2018 7:29:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Start by pulling the trigger group out. Check online if you don't know how. That'll let the stock come off, and the barrel and oprod markings will be visible with no further disassembly.
View Quote
if it is a SuperMatch, it may have a rear lug that is screwed into the stock, so don't pull it out of the stock too hard!
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 8:06:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks like a M1-A Super Match, current new price is close to $3000.

Does it have a rear lugged receiver?

With the action locked open does the barrel have a name on it? Krieger? Hart? Douglas?

I can see bedding compound between the action and stock, do not remove the action from the stock unless you absolutely have to. Every time you take it apart you damage the bedding a little.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 5:47:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks just like an M1A I had years ago for High Power matches. Had all USGI parts except for the barrel which was Krieger.
Bed job was done by a former USMC armorer that was stationed at Quantico.  We worked together at Barrett for a long time.
It was a great shooting rifle. Sold it long ago.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 5:53:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice find. I would love one. I had a NM back in 2002-2009.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 11:20:04 PM EDT
[#9]
The flash hinder is not USGI, no lug.

With that serial number it is not as likely to have all USGI parts.  It is possible as they did save the last of the GI parts for the super matches.  By this serial number, 1998-99, the GI parts had mostly run out.

Glenn Neslon was still building SM for SAI so if it is a factory SM then there is a good chance he built it.  Call SAI with the serial number and they will let you know how it left the factory.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top