Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2020 5:12:19 PM EDT
16' barrel, flash hider removed, 51T installed, barrel(chamber, not entire barrel)to end of device is 18.5". This would mean I could cut two inches from the barrel, correct?

How about if I swap my Manticore buttpad for the stock one? Cut more? Does anyone know or do I need to measure?

thanks
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 7:40:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it is just the barrel that is measured.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 8:09:52 PM EDT
[#2]
The OAL needs to be considered as well, 26".

I know the Kel Tec RDB survival got a variance to be like 24.5" because it has an extending stock.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 8:50:40 PM EDT
[#3]
So I got better lighting in the cave and in cutting two inches off I will be cutting into the nomenclature engraved into the barrel! I don't know if that matters but I'll be calling the 07 tomorrow to discuss this and the price for doing this.

Just between my two ears I'm thinking it's a nogo.

I will be measuring again in the morning.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 6:48:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I believe the Tavor barrel is something like 16.5” to get the gun just over 26” overall.  That’s measured without the muzzle device, since it can be removed.  If you pin and weld a muzzle device, you can remove a length of barrel equal to the length of the muzzle device FORWARD of the threads.  For example, if you have a 2” long muzzle device, but 0.5” of threading overlaps the barrel, it effectively only counts as 1.5” long.  It doesn’t really matter with the Manticore arms buttpad vs. the stock buttpad since the most rearward edge of the Manticore part extends enough to make the 26” requirement.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top