Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2018 4:11:35 PM EDT
What type of magazine does Israel field for there rifles.

Is it.
GI aluminum mags.

Magpul mags.

mako steel mags.

Or ?????
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 4:29:35 PM EDT
[#1]
https://www.google.com/amp/www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2012/08/27/idf-officially-adopts-polymer-caa-tactical-mag-17/amp/

The CAA polymer according to that article years ago. They aren’t that great of mags I have some. Aluminum are probably still in inventory. I’d just use what you like. I use lancers mostly. Also technically using foreign mags in a SAR or x95 violates the 922r.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 7:55:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://www.google.com/amp/www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2012/08/27/idf-officially-adopts-polymer-caa-tactical-mag-17/amp/

The CAA polymer according to that article years ago. They aren't that great of mags I have some. Aluminum are probably still in inventory. I'd just use what you like. I use lancers mostly. Also technically using foreign mags in a SAR or x95 violates the 922r.
View Quote
That's probably true.  One of those came with my SAR.  I left it loaded for...maybe a year?  And the feed lips are apparently spreading enough to make seating and removal extremely difficult in any STANAG rifle I own (but not all of them).

That mag is in the "trading fodder" pile.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 10:02:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's probably true.  One of those came with my SAR.  I left it loaded for...maybe a year?  And the feed lips are apparently spreading enough to make seating and removal extremely difficult in any STANAG rifle I own (but not all of them).

That mag is in the "trading fodder" pile.
View Quote
Yeah the older tavors like my IDF model SAR shipped with ones they had specifically made in the US with made in US stamped on them and the iwi logo molded in. My x95 shipped with a pmag. Guess they figured the time and money to include the meh mags wasn’t worth it. I ordered some of the caa ones and I don’t know where they are right now probably in my mystery mag box of onesies and twosies I have bought over the years to try out. I wasn’t impressed. The one from the tavor was fine but the caa ones where oversized so they took a bit of effort to stick in ar magwells or pull out. They are also bulky for what they are don’t disassemble as easy as gi, pmag, or lancer. They have a little dongle that pops out the bottom to show they are fully loaded so they can be visiually or tactilely distinguished from partials when vertically oriented in a mag pouch I think that was the complication in disassembly and reassembly if I remember correctly. The baseplate is also huge so if you used them in a mag pouch if 2 even fit given how bulky they are I could see them being a bitch to pull out given the width of the base plates ending up acting like rimlock with rimed rounds loaded improperly in a magazine. If the feed lips don’t hold up that’s another strike.

If you really want a IDF looking mag just grab a gi or two for dress up time and whatever other ar style mags you like and avoid the CAA would be my recommendation.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top