Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2021 2:28:44 PM EDT
I am looking to add a red dot to my x95 and maybe change up my Sar's red dot. I have a Meprolight M21 on my Sar and I may sell it and get something different. I love the M21 but I'm just kind of wanting something different for my aging eyes.

What dots are you running on your Sar and x95?

What size mount to co-witness with the iron sights?

I can't wait to see the pics and get some ideas of what looks good and works on the Sar and x95. My x95 is sitting naked right now and I need to put something on it. My choices so far are listed below.

Trijicon MRO with lower 1/3rd (I'm about to place my order for one of these. It will either ride on my x95 or an AR-15).

Aimpoint Pro.

Holosun HE530g (a red dot that was mentioned to me just a few days ago. It looks promising).

Holosun HE515g.

Vortex UH-1 Gen II.

Holosun HE512c.

Eotech XPS (I have looked at the entire line of XPS red dots. Not a big fan of battery life).

Meprolight Mepro Pro V2 (I am looking at the M5 version).

Primary Arms Cyclopes 1x (I'm waiting for the new version to be released. Its the micro one. I'm also looking at the 3x prism scopes from them).

So, tell me what you are running and if you have pics please post them up. I need ideas and to see how they look on the rifle. Not big on cosmetics just need an idea how they set.

Link Posted: 3/3/2021 4:06:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Aging eyes?  ACOG all things.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 4:30:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Aging eyes?  ACOG all things.
https://i.imgur.com/xgzEk9n.jpg
View Quote

I wish I could afford an ACOG. Great sights.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 5:06:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Keep an eye on the EE. I just picked up another one at a great price.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 2:51:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a Burris RT-3 on my AUG and a meprolight M21 on my X95.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 8:26:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have a Burris RT-3 on my AUG and a meprolight M21 on my X95.
View Quote

Nice setup on both. I have a Meprolight M21 on my Sar. Love that optic. I have been tempted to buy another and put on my x95. I also want an AUG.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 12:04:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I’m using an E O Tech 512 in a YHM mount on my SAR to give exact co-witness.   An E O Tech XPS with lower 1/3 riser for an AR-15 will give exact co-witness on an X95 or SAR.    I’m thinking about switching to a LPVO like my 1-6 Strike Eagle on my 12” 6.5 Grendel but just haven’t decides for sure.  

Here is a picture of my SAR next to my 12” 6.5 Grendel.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/NPnwSM]
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 11:30:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Aimpoint CompM4s on my SAR. The LaRue 1/3 co-witness mount translates to absolute co-witness on the SAR with the factory buck-up sights. Works OK for use with head-mounted PVS-14, too.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 7:15:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Mine has an Aimpoint PRO Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/8/2021 12:52:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Attachment Attached File
Both mepro rds,  one on the x95 is the mepro foresight
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 12:23:04 PM EDT
[#10]

How heavy does the x95 feel with the Pro on it? I’m tempted to get one for my Sar or my x95. I like the wider eye box on it over the Trijicon MRO.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 12:24:20 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

Nice! I kind of want both of those sights. The only one within my budget is the RDS Pro V2 (M5).

What’s the battery life like on the RDS? How is the field of view?
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 12:25:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Aimpoint CompM4s on my SAR. The LaRue 1/3 co-witness mount translates to absolute co-witness on the SAR with the factory buck-up sights. Works OK for use with head-mounted PVS-14, too.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/419235/TavorSAR_jpg-1855797.JPG
View Quote

Looks good! Tavor rifles are the best looking rifles in FDE and OD Green. I kind of wish I had gotten one in FDE.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 10:35:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

How heavy does the x95 feel with the Pro on it? I’m tempted to get one for my Sar or my x95. I like the wider eye box on it over the Trijicon MRO.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I haven't weighed it, so I don't know. That said, it doesn't "feel" heaven and it seems to balance well (this is my first bullpup). All I know is so far I'm really liking it. Hopefully I'll get to put it through its paces properly in April sometime.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 2:52:23 AM EDT
[#14]
EXPS-2 plus G33 magnifier with flip-to-side on a SAR-16 (set also flips to x95), ITAC-MARS barrel-mounted on IDF-21 model with G33 magnifier on IDF adapter (replaced the original Mepro-21 optic), Mepro-RDS also used on SAR-16 and on x95.

Also fitted a ACOG and an Aimpoint PRO to both the SAR-16 and x95.  All optics are pretty acceptable on both SAR and x95.  Maybe I'm not as demanding, exacting, or picky as some, but I can reach out and hit at carbine ranges with all on either SAR or x95.

Link Posted: 3/9/2021 3:58:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Aimpoint all the things
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 2:13:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Field of view is comparable to an eotech, battery life ? Had it 2 yrs so far with the same battery but I will say I don't take it out as much as I used to
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 2:22:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Aimpoint is on my list to get. It will be the Pro. Its the only one that I can afford. Its hard having only a beer budget and only being able to buy a bottle of water. I will be buying a few red dots over the next few months. The Trijicon MRO, Aimpoint Pro and a Holosun 530g. I just made a super low offer on a 530g at Optics Planet and they said they could do that. $360.00. I'm going to try this one out and see how it is with my astigmatism. The MRO isn't to friendly with it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 1:06:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Aimpoint is on my list to get. It will be the Pro. Its the only one that I can afford. Its hard having only a beer budget and only being able to buy a bottle of water. I will be buying a few red dots over the next few months. The Trijicon MRO, Aimpoint Pro and a Holosun 530g. I just made a super low offer on a 530g at Optics Planet and they said they could do that. $360.00. I'm going to try this one out and see how it is with my astigmatism. The MRO isn't to friendly with it.
View Quote

Check out RKB Armory before you buy. He sells used optics and is an Arfcom industry partner. That $360 you're using on the Holoson could net you a used Aimpoint PRO.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 11:40:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Check out RKB Armory before you buy. He sells used optics and is an Arfcom industry partner. That $360 you're using on the Holoson could net you a used Aimpoint PRO.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks! I will check out the link and see what he has.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 2:39:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Aimpoint T2 with a scalarworks mount. Have a surfire mini scout light and pressure switch but not sure how to set it all up. Not alot of room on the front of the x95.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 2:47:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Aimpoint T2 with a scalarworks mount. Have a surfire mini scout light and pressure switch but not sure how to set it all up. Not alot of room on the front of the x95.
View Quote

Nice set up. Go over to the IWI owners group on Facebook and ask about setting it up. You will get some pics and ideas on how to do it. Great group.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 11:28:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Had a mini acog sitting around, I’d like to find a MI .25” Tavor rail riser but no luck so far

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 11:12:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Nice set up. Go over to the IWI owners group on Facebook and ask about setting it up. You will get some pics and ideas on how to do it. Great group.
View Quote

Really..ok, thanks!
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 12:23:03 AM EDT
[#24]
The best optic comes from the late 90's early 2000's
Israeli Elbit Falcon MKII
" />
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 1:22:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The best optic comes from the late 90's early 2000's
Israeli Elbit Falcon MKII
[url]https://i.imgur.com/uW6m0l3.jpg">https://i.imgur.com/uW6m0l3.jpg">[url]https://i.imgur.com/uW6m0l3.jpg
View Quote

Never saw one of those, have to investigate this one, looks like a precursor to the mor  cool
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 10:57:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 11:47:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Basically found a new home for the eotechs I didn’t send back and one of the Korean sights Mac was discounting when they first came in from di optical
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 6:22:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Had a mini acog sitting around, I'd like to find a MI .25" Tavor rail riser but no luck so far

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/82995/7F01D087-5CF9-457B-B89F-5A42BEF2C89F_jpe-1863017.JPG
View Quote

MI no longer makes that rail. Your best bet is to find a taller mount.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 12:38:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Had 4 tavors over the years, always went Israeli with my optics except this time. Just ordered a new x95 this time I’m putting a t2 on it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 9:53:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Israeli optics for an Israeli bullpup.

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top