Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2019 4:28:25 PM EDT
Thinking about a triple KYWI for the front of my new PC and I'm having a hard time deciding between the tall KYWI or the midlength.  I like that the mid gives you a little more mag to grab, but I'm wondering if the tall will retain the mags a little better.  Appreciate any input.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 4:34:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Personal preference but I really did not like my tall Kywis for this. It was too much retention. I know people who did the hairdryer trick to loosen them up a bit but I haven't done that. If I was doing it again I'd buy mids.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 5:04:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the tall on my pc but am going to try mid soon.  The tall are nice and still give enough to grab a mag easy enough.  More of the mag shows with the KYWIs that's my TT triple mag shingle did.  Tension seems perfect.

ETA: For the most part it looks like really the bottom part really holds the mag so tall or mid will hold the same in theory.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 5:33:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a mid on my belt. Perfect height, and I would not go with the tall.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 5:39:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Mid is the way to go.

Great retention, still has a good bit of mag to grab.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 7:58:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 9:02:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I have mid on my PC and it works great.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 9:19:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys, I think I'm gonna go for the mids.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 8:49:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a mid on my belt. Perfect height, and I would not go with the tall.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 7:33:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Mids on PC, shorts on belt.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 7:42:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Mids on PC, shorts on belt.
View Quote
This, but if i want a ton of mags i have a tall double that i put at about 8 o'clock.  I have tried a short and mid kywi there, but if i put the tall and have it ride low,  it is very out of the way of the PC, jacket, backpack, etc.

#allthekywis
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 7:50:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Double tap
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 10:13:42 AM EDT
[#12]
I run whatever fit in my JPC factory mag pouches.  This would equate to taller rather than shorter. It results and a high lift distance that tends to have you bang into your own chin when drawing mags and is annoying. With dedicated pouches, shorter would be better for decreasing draw distance, but sacrifice some coverage if forced to low crawl. A personal preference.

I would not reccomend altering your tension on the KYWI. If you leave them loaded for a year,  they will be on the verge of almost too loose on their own. Your best adjustment is just leaving them loaded.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 10:04:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I would not reccomend altering your tension on the KYWI. If you leave them loaded for a year,  they will be on the verge of almost too loose on their own. Your best adjustment is just leaving them loaded.
View Quote
Old post

I would recommend adjusting to suit your needs.  Some like tight and others loose, i prefer extremely loose myself.  Adjust to what you like plus a bit as over a short period of time they will lighten up some.  If after a longer period of time like the year mentioned you can reheat and add more tension back.

If someone ever mucks it up let us know and we will send new inserts, I want people to mod them for their own specific requirements, in since we encourage it we will replace them.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 12:14:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Old post

I would recommend adjusting to suit your needs.  Some like tight and others loose, i prefer extremely loose myself.  Adjust to what you like plus a bit as over a short period of time they will lighten up some.  If after a longer period of time like the year mentioned you can reheat and add more tension back.

If someone ever mucks it up let us know and we will send new inserts, I want people to mod them for their own specific requirements, in since we encourage it we will replace them.
View Quote
@esstac-

So the inserts have a lifetime warranty?
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 12:22:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

@esstac-

View Quote
Not obvious enough?
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 12:43:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Old post

View Quote
good to know

just bought a triple m4 tall pouch and was hoping the tall was the right choice but couldnt find any mids in stock and ready to ship anywhere
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 1:02:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Not obvious enough?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@esstac-

Not obvious enough?
Just wanted to make sure. Some times I misinterpret things. Great to know though. Thank you
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 5:08:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

good to know

just bought a triple m4 tall pouch and was hoping the tall was the right choice but couldnt find any mids in stock and ready to ship anywhere
View Quote
Cut one inch off the inserts and they will be midlength, wont help you much for the pouch itself though
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 5:37:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Cut one inch off the inserts and they will be midlength, wont help you much for the pouch itself though
View Quote
i ended up getting both
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top