Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2018 5:48:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 7:40:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Technically you don't need one. You're traveling from one legal place to another. However, September is plenty of time to get a 5320.20 approved. And you never know, you might want to go to a shoot in VA some time in the next year.

So pick a range in VA and file a form using that address, and do it for a 1-year period. It doesn't cost you anything, and you have it if you need it. And then you know you're covered while passing through.

I routinely file for every legal state near me, plus any other state I think I may want to visit in the coming year. Just in case.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 9:57:45 AM EDT
[#2]
5320.20 is never a bad idea, if only to placate some Barney F.  
The extreme lack of NFA knowledge throughout much law enforcement is seldom advanced with undocumented verbal debate on the roadside.

An alternate solution often mentioned, if the platforms allow, is to put a 16" upper on the SBR lower, and move the short upper to a pistol lower during transport.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 2:25:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I would do it anyways.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 6:53:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 7:33:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 7:44:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top