Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/5/2018 11:10:51 PM EDT
I need a TQ holder for my belt.  Need Molle, and prefer Multicam.  
Also, need a good TQ.  I need to replace my out of date CAT’s.  What’s the rage nowadays?
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 11:19:53 PM EDT
[#1]
https://www.rescue-essentials.com/combat-application-tourniquet-c-a-t-tactical-black-gen-7/

https://www.rescue-essentials.com/c-a-t-tourniquet-holder/

The SOFTT-W is nice but it’s a little harder for me to apply to myself with one hand so I stick with the CAT.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 7:18:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Here ya go.

I also stick with CATs and haven't had a need to replace them.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 10:13:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I use both the CAT and SOF t.  I prefer the Cat Gen 7 for ease of self aid.   Another TQ to look at is the one from Sam Med. Very similar in operation to the CAT, but it has a neat self locking buckle that helps in taking the slack out ( and quicker ) before you have to twist The windless .

Also, use your old CATs once taken out of service and train on them - don’t train in your “real world use “ TQs.   If you decide to go another route on TQ brand, buy an extra as a dedicated trainer.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 10:20:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for all the info!!!  Is there any reason to go with one of the kydex, or rigid holders over the pouch types?
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 11:30:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Personal preference.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 11:36:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use both the CAT and SOF t.  I prefer the Cat Gen 7 for ease of self aid.   Another TQ to look at is the one from Sam Med. Very similar in operation to the CAT, but it has a neat self locking buckle that helps in taking the slack out ( and quicker ) before you have to twist The windless .

Also, use your old CATs once taken out of service and train on them - don’t train in your “real world use “ TQs.   If you decide to go another route on TQ brand, buy an extra as a dedicated trainer.
View Quote
I mark old TQs with blue spray paint to designate them as trainers.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 10:15:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Blue Force Gear Tourniquet NOW!

I didnt like the one previously recommended (NAR CAT holder) due to weight/bulk of the MOLLE attachment. Also wanted to run a SOFT-W and got a First Spear TQ pouch which has been OK but I had to mount upside down to ease access and keep it from opening if I crawl. Time will tell if the Tourniquet NOW! is better with a CAT overall.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 10:45:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thanks for all the info!!!  Is there any reason to go with one of the kydex, or rigid holders over the pouch types?
View Quote
Pouch types typically encompass most, if not all of the TQ, protecting it from the elements a little bit more.  Flip side is it's easier to pull out of an open top kydex holder.  Take those into consideration but yea it's mostly personal preference.  I have the TQ holder from NAR as well, and am relatively fond of it.

Probably most importantly, make sure that you order from a reputable dealer, or straight from the source, to avoid getting a counterfeit.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 10:49:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Pouch types typically encompass most, if not all of the TQ, protecting it from the elements a little bit more.  Flip side is it's easier to pull out of an open top kydex holder.  Take those into consideration but yea it's mostly personal preference.  I have the TQ holder from NAR as well, and am relatively fond of it.

Probably most importantly, make sure that you order from a reputable dealer, or straight from the source, to avoid getting a counterfeit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. Open tourniquet pouches with any tourniquet that uses velcro is a bad idea. The kydex or rigid holders are great for the SOFTT-W but no way would I use one with a CAT unless I also bought the hood. A properly prepped CAT has the velcro exposed and packing that with grass and dirt is not a good idea.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 11:18:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Use a pouch that will cover the whole TQ regardless of what brand you buy.

It keeps it clean and free of debris. The last thing you need is a TQ loaded up with dried gunk when you need it most. And another benefit is to keep it covered from sunlight. As the TQ's are all made of some type of nylon, constant exposure to sunlight can break down the nylon over time.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 11:31:33 PM EDT
[#11]
So, don’t go with the rigid holder, go with the pouch instead?
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 3:32:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
I use soft holders like North American rescue pouch because it's more comfortable for my use.
I have it mounted at the 5:30 and the soft material just conforms better when sitting down and hopping in and out of vehicles. I will say I don't really feel that it's there 90% of the time.

Link Posted: 11/14/2018 10:07:31 AM EDT
[#13]
^ Premium set-up.  Gratz.  @GHOS7
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 1:43:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 7:03:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
I use a rigid, but I have the top cover that goes over the TQ at the top and covers the whole thing up.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 12:18:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks @Ruins, still working on it a bit
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top