Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2019 1:04:23 PM EDT
Does anyone have one?  If so, what do you think of it?
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 6:43:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I have three TOPS knives now and think they're pretty well made. I have no doubt it is a quality knife, or is your question about the design itself? TOPS walls a fine line between useful and gimmicky/cool looking knives. The BOB is a great knife and in the same size category.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 2:06:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Both, but primarily about the design itself.  It’s always been my understanding that TOPS makes quality stuff, but like you said, some of their designs can be a little different.  This Backpacker’s Bowie looks like one of those.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 11:27:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Tops?

I'm sure its great.

Doesn't look like a large knife.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 1:14:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Despite the long winded blurb about the knife it would seem it features a bowie profiled blade (so what?) And a notch for breaking wire/grabbing pots out of the fire. The knife is so short that you are still practically sticking you're hand in the fire. But knives come in every flavor because we all like/need/different things. My opinion is that TOPS is good to go, and if the design appeals to you then get it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 1:18:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the Wild Pig Hunter. It's seems to be suited for one thing, stabbing flesh. The blade doesn't look like it would be any good for baton duty and the tip is super sharp and finely pointed, think Kershaw Leek but much thicker. I have no use for it but I like it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 9:52:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the Wild Pig Hunter. It's seems to be suited for one thing, stabbing flesh. The blade doesn't look like it would be any good for baton duty and the tip is super sharp and finely pointed, think Kershaw Leek but much thicker. I have no use for it but I like it.
View Quote
Hehe, I've got the WPH too and love it. I took it camping a few times and batonned some wood with it and it did well. As you said, the point is really fine, I was able to use it to dig a splinter out of my finger.
I'm looking for the XL Cheetah in white micarta, but I think it's retired.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top