Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2022 9:47:21 PM EDT
I am currently looking at acquiring a TNW ASR in 10MM.

I currently have a Glock 40 MOS and it handles My XTP reloads and PC cast Lee 401-175-TC'S without any ftf or malfunctions.

Will the TNW handle these bullets or should I consider a different PCC.

I reload all my 10MM ammo.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 10:11:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Check reviews at cabelas first.  They carry them.  I WAS considering one.  Was.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 10:04:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I did check some reviews and like you changed My mind.

I ordered a MechTech upper instead.

Very nice people and pretty helpful.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 8:49:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ve had a TNW ASR 10mm carbine for years, no issues. Had it before I got my G40.
I just ran S&B, Magtec and Sig Elite. Kept the hot stuff for the g40. Never had any failures or stoppages.
The trigger isn’t great, and it’s proprietary. They do make a 2 stage upgrade but I’ve never felt the need to upgrade.
Only issue I had was a c clip popped off and I lost it. TNW sells every single part including individual pins and clips for cheap.
The Mectech upper is quite a bit heavier but for sustained hot loads would probably be a better choice.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 9:55:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’ve had a TNW ASR 10mm carbine for years, no issues. Had it before I got my G40.
I just ran S&B, Magtec and Sig Elite. Kept the hot stuff for the g40. Never had any failures or stoppages.
The trigger isn’t great, and it’s proprietary. They do make a 2 stage upgrade but I’ve never felt the need to upgrade.
Only issue I had was a c clip popped off and I lost it. TNW sells every single part including individual pins and clips for cheap.
The Mectech upper is quite a bit heavier but for sustained hot loads would probably be a better choice.
View Quote

When I spoke with a MechTech engineer he advised me not to exceed published reloading data.

Basically, stated the systems are rated for +P loads, but not +P+.

He also advised me not shoot any S&B 10mm ammo.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 9:04:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I love mine. No problems of any kind. Also have a CMMG 10mm and actually like the TNW more. Especially for the money.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 10:57:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

When I spoke with a MechTech engineer he advised me not to exceed published reloading data.

Basically, stated the systems are rated for +P loads, but not +P+.

He also advised me not shoot any S&B 10mm ammo.
View Quote

@latama666

Did he explain why not to shoot the S&B?
I’ve shot a lot of their 10mm with zero issues.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 9:03:23 AM EDT
[#7]
I see you elected not to get the TNW but for others that might be considering a TNW:

I don't have a 10MM but my 9mm TNW has been nothing but a headache.  It jams about every three rounds.  It is the worst firearm I have ever owned.  Customer service at TNW is awful.  Only after contacting the original seller did they respond.  It's been back to their factory twice and it still jams about every third shot.  I've done everything I know to do to make it run and it just won't.  I know there are others that have had good luck, but I wouldn't take a chance.  Good luck!
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 4:18:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

@latama666

Did he explain why not to shoot the S&B?
I’ve shot a lot of their 10mm with zero issues.
View Quote

Sorry it took so long for me to reply.

Tech stated that S&B factory 10mm is loaded slightly longer than other 10mm factory ammo.

Said brass was ok for reloading.  I hate S&B primer pockets.  Always way to tight.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 9:01:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I see you elected not to get the TNW but for others that might be considering a TNW:

I don't have a 10MM but my 9mm TNW has been nothing but a headache.  It jams about every three rounds.  It is the worst firearm I have ever owned.  Customer service at TNW is awful.  Only after contacting the original seller did they respond.  It's been back to their factory twice and it still jams about every third shot.  I've done everything I know to do to make it run and it just won't.  I know there are others that have had good luck, but I wouldn't take a chance.  Good luck!
View Quote

+1.  I bought mine from the factory and just came back from it's third trip back.  Like last time, with transit times I lost use of it for 5 weeks.  I've run 60 rounds through it since it came back without issues, but I fully expect it to start stovepiping again.  When it does, I'll scrap it and move on to a Ruger, JRC, or other takedown model.
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 10:14:18 PM EDT
[#10]
From what I've read the earlier TNW Aero's had serious reliability issues but the newer ones run great.  I wanted one in .45acp but the doubts still linger.  I tried to check one out at Cabelas but they wouldn't let you dry fire guns to check the triggers after being bought by BPS.  I refused to buy guns from them after that.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 4:57:26 PM EDT
[#11]
I received my mech tech upper last week and am having a lot of failure to feed issues.

Waiting to hear from mech tech on a solution.

When it runs, it runs great. But after 200 rounds it should be broke in.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 1:00:08 AM EDT
[#12]
I have a pretty early 9mm TNW carbine.  It has run well for me.

When they released the 10mm version, I bought the appropriate conversion parts from them.  The first one I got had some problem with the bolt, IIRC, and I had to send it back for a replacement.  When it returned, I shot it some and it worked pretty well.

My only beef with it is that the 10mm lower and the 9mm lower are slightly different so that I have to adjust the posts to make one fit after having the other installed.  So it isn't a quick swap over like it is supposed to be.

Rob
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 12:19:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Mech Tech had me tweak the extractor spring and my carbine is running great.

They even sent me an extra spring just in case.  Very happy with their customer service.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top