Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2022 1:31:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/30/2022 11:04:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a great time at Friday's Try Before You Buy and the Saturday/Sunday Nightfighter 101.  

Try Before You Buy gave us a chance to try multiple devices.  Monoculars, Binos, White & Green were avaialble in various combinations that allowed each person to see how they worked.  We also got a chance to see how different IR illuminators & lasers looked in real conditions at various distances.

NF101 was about as perfectly paced as it could be.  The instructors were a mix of current & retired army, SF & LEO with decades of real world experience.

Students ranged from LEO's, larpers, airsofters and armed citizens.  I'm a USPSA shooter, Appleseed instructor and long time larper/armed citizen.

Putting on NVG's made me slow, clumsy and awkward but the instructors were ready for that and kept the pace fast enough to push us without letting anyone outrun their abilities.

I rented a full package of PVS 15-31 binos, helmet & DBAL D2 since I don't own anything NV yet.  It'll be a while before I'm ready to buy but the course advanced my skill and added a lot of new skills for day & night use.

I'm looking forward to taking NF201 later & hopefully being ready to buy some goodies then!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 8:20:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top