Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2018 6:32:44 PM EDT
Last Sat I drunkenly ordered a TAPS Pro from TNVC and haven’t gotten any notification on it. So today I called and they are “doing inventory” so closed for the day.
As I was on the site to get their phone # I went looking for the TAPS Pro again and it’s gone. Poof. Dissapeared.
I was really hoping to have it for some training next weekend but it doesn’t look hopeful. And it’s oos everywhere else.
Could there be a new version coming out?

@TNVC
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 10:00:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 3:47:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are developments forthcoming on the TAPS front. Current existing backorders will be taken care of.

That’s about all I can or will say on that for the time being.

~Augee
View Quote
Hopefully the y cable for Steiner surefire visible over ride finally.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 7:37:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote
Now we're going to pick on you about the new product wait again.  
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 8:03:15 PM EDT
[#4]
So I prolly won’t have it by next weekend then huh...
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 11:09:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Hopefully the y cable for Steiner surefire visible over ride finally.
View Quote
Where’s the like button for this post
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 12:18:49 PM EDT
[#6]
MAWL compatability?
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 9:36:39 PM EDT
[#7]
My taps pro was terrible. Sent back to Unity, after a month they replaced it. New switch then malfunctioned with in 24hrs. Sent back to unity and they ended up just buying it back from me.

I hope they really re work it, since it really is a usable idea. Unfortunately the execution just isn't there.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 10:42:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My taps pro was terrible. Sent back to Unity, after a month they replaced it. New switch then malfunctioned with in 24hrs. Sent back to unity and they ended up just buying it back from me.

I hope they really re work it, since it really is a usable idea. Unfortunately the execution just isn't there.
View Quote
Yeah, my TAPS was junk too. A lot of guys online messaged me saying the same thing.

Too bad too. I really wanted to love the thing. I loved everything about it except the fact that it didn’t do its main function the way it was suppose to lol.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 6:53:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yeah, my TAPS was junk too. A lot of guys online messaged me saying the same thing.

Too bad too. I really wanted to love the thing. I loved everything about it except the fact that it didn’t do its main function the way it was suppose to lol.
View Quote
TAPS Pro may have issues, but the standard one is the shizz though. I love mine.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 2:53:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

TAPS Pro may have issues, but the standard one is the shizz though. I love mine.
View Quote
Thats good to know the regular one was ok, I still have one on back order
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 3:35:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Not mine and other guys a talk to. Obviously the stuff I hear from them is just anecdotal because they could have done something dumb but mine had a legit issue, got replaced and the new one did the same thing.

Again, I think it’s all in all the best switch out there if I could just get one that worked.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 7:58:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Not mine and other guys a talk to. Obviously the stuff I hear from them is just anecdotal because they could have done something dumb but mine had a legit issue, got replaced and the new one did the same thing.

Again, I think it’s all in all the best switch out there if I could just get one that worked.
View Quote
So, yours was the standard, non-programmable, not the Pro?
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 11:47:23 PM EDT
[#13]
I have the standard TAPS.  I am not that impressed with how it works.  It is OK, but I would not buy another one or recommend it to anyone.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 12:50:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have the standard TAPS.  I am not that impressed with how it works.  It is OK, but I would not buy another one or recommend it to anyone.
View Quote
I’ll give ya $65. Shipped
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 2:51:01 AM EDT
[#15]
As noted in another thread, what I really want is this:

Linky

With a Surefire plug instead of the straight Insight plug

If I'm already using a nice laser/illum unit then I can just use the fire button on the laser and a 12 o'clock tape for the white weapon light.   If I need a fancypants switch, it's because the individual components I'm using aren't ideal and need to be combined.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 3:12:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
There are developments forthcoming on the TAPS front. Current existing backorders will be taken care of.

~Augee
View Quote
your making a TAPS switch thats modular arent you....

A switch with a jack on the back so you can plug in whatever cables you want to the same switch.

clearly TNVC needs to hire me, I thought of that like 3 years ago
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 7:03:18 PM EDT
[#17]
I was disappointed with the switching on the TAPS Pro too.  Requires way too much pressure and lacks any affirmative tactile feedback on the button press.

If they fix that to make it feel more like a standard TAPS and add the y cable option to use the override port on the dbal-a3 I'd buy a couple more in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 9:45:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

So, yours was the standard, non-programmable, not the Pro?
View Quote
Yes. Standard.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top