Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2022 11:45:58 AM EDT
Anyone running the TA110 Acog on their 17? TA110-D-100500 specifically. Looking for some feedback, any is appreciated.

B&H has them for about $1000

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1324740-REG/trijicon_ta110_d_100500_3_5x35_acog_green_led.html
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 2:26:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I've got one on an AR10 - fantastic optic IMO for a battlerifle. Super forgiving eye relief and eye box.
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 3:17:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Look into the Sig Bravo3 (3X) and Sig Bravo5 (5X) prisms.  Great clarity and flat edge-to-edge image with a great BDC horseshoe-dot reticle with ranging capability.  Also has diopter for making images perfect crisp, whatever your vision.  Reticles come in .308, 5.56, and .300blk and are $325 shipped from eurooptic.

Both have similar weight as the 3.5X ACOG.  Both are about 1.5” shorter. They have a 40k advertised battery (along with shake awake) versus the ACOG’s 12k battery. The 3X Sig has almost double the FOV of the 3.5X ACOG and the 5X Sig still has MORE field of view than the 3.5X ACOG...

Sig Bravo3 = 52.5ft/100yd (10 deg)
Sig Bravo5 = 31.5ft/100yd (6 deg)
TA110 ACOG = 28.9ft/100yd (5.5 deg)

I literally sold my ACOG within a week of getting a Sig Bravo. No regerts yet.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 10:21:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Look into the Sig Bravo3 (3X) and Sig Bravo5 (5X) prisms.  Great clarity and flat edge-to-edge image with a great BDC horseshoe-dot reticle with ranging capability.  Also has diopter for making images perfect crisp, whatever your vision.  Reticles come in .308, 5.56, and .300blk and are $325 shipped from eurooptic.

Both have similar weight as the 3.5X ACOG.  Both are about 1.5” shorter. They have a 40k advertised battery (along with shake awake) versus the ACOG’s 12k battery. The 3X Sig has almost double the FOV of the 3.5X ACOG and the 5X Sig still has MORE field of view than the 3.5X ACOG...

Sig Bravo3 = 52.5ft/100yd (10 deg)
Sig Bravo5 = 31.5ft/100yd (6 deg)
TA110 ACOG = 28.9ft/100yd (5.5 deg)

I literally sold my ACOG within a week of getting a Sig Bravo. No regerts yet.
View Quote

Do you have the Sig on a 17 or 20?
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 4:27:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Only thing I hate about the TA110/TA11 is how large/heavy they are for the mag range. I personally run a 4x with the rear BUIS removed to get the proper eye relief.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 10:22:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Only thing I hate about the TA110/TA11 is how large/heavy they are for the mag range. I personally run a 4x with the rear BUIS removed to get the proper eye relief.
View Quote

Is the eye relief pretty awful? Trijicon says 2.39" but I've read different. My eyes are a bit astigmatic plus the glasses, I don't wanna be glasses lens pressed up against scope tube lol

@patriot_man
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 2:26:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Is the eye relief pretty awful? Trijicon says 2.39" but I've read different. My eyes are a bit astigmatic plus the glasses, I don't wanna be glasses lens pressed up against scope tube lol

@patriot_man
View Quote

TA11 is going to have good eye relief. The TA31 with the BUIS removed and ACOG pushed all the way back is super comfortable even with the shorter eye relief. Seeing as the SCAR has a rail that pushes further back towards the shooter than an AR-15, the TA31 is probably the way I'd go because you get a lighter/small scope, extra magnification, and better FOV.
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 1:47:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

@patriot_man
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@patriot_man

Speaking of astigmatism, have you used ACOGs prior, or would this be your first?

I have an astigmatism in my right eye, and the smaller/finer reticles of the ACOGs don't work great with my particular flavor.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:59:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Speaking of astigmatism, have you used ACOGs prior, or would this be your first?

I have an astigmatism in my right eye, and the smaller/finer reticles of the ACOGs don't work great with my particular flavor.
View Quote

I haven't used them previously but have looked through a good few, I wasn't a fan of the chevron reticle so I went with the green horseshoe and it's great. I can make out each line and number just fine and the green really catches my eye.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:42:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I haven't used them previously but have looked through a good few, I wasn't a fan of the chevron reticle so I went with the green horseshoe and it's great. I can make out each line and number just fine and the green really catches my eye.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Roger that. I agree, the horseshoe works a lot better for me, too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top