Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2018 4:51:58 PM EDT
I'm going to swap out my Sig 556 retractable side folder for a original Swiss style side folder - Just checking to be careful with expensive parts -

Is it just punch out pin on hinge from top (downward) and replace and re-insert pin?

Thanks

PS I know the original style is a bit shorter, but going for early-classic Swiss look.  I can't help it I love those classic looks!
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 7:28:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Where did you get the stock from?
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 8:32:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where did you get the stock from?
View Quote
Numrich / Gun Parts Company.  I could only order one (last one?) and it was $84!)  was listed under sig 556 parts.

I was ordering some parts for a Winchester 1907 project I got cheap and was looking for things to add to my cart to get the free shipping threshold and took a look at the Sig parts knowing CDNN had picked up some inventory thought Numrich may have too.  and lucky they had this.  CDNN has the AR stock adapters and the rail stock adapters for $30.

ETA

Numrich part
Stock, Folding, Used
PRODUCT #: 1643030
1 X $83.95 = $83.95
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 10:11:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm going to swap out my Sig 556 retractable side folder for a original Swiss style side folder - Just checking to be careful with expensive parts -

Is it just punch out pin on hinge from top (downward) and replace and re-insert pin?

Thanks

PS I know the original style is a bit shorter, but going for early-classic Swiss look.  I can't help it I love those classic looks!
View Quote
There’s a roll pin in the middle of the hinge pin I think. At least there was one in my 551a1 I previously owned; and, there’s one in my 553.
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 10:25:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Thanks

View Quote
You are correct.  That is exactly how I changed mine. Knock the hinge pin out and replace.  There is a friction washer thats tricky to reinstall.  Just a bit tight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top