Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2018 7:23:05 AM EDT
Could you put the 14.5 piston assembly -->THIS<-- into an 11.5 to reduce gas flow on a dedicated suppressed gun?

I mean, I've read of people cutting down MCX barrels and not changing the gas at all.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 11:34:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag for answer
@coregon
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 12:03:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Could you?  Sure.  I can't say, either way, as to how well it would work.

In theory, everything you said is correct.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 3:01:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Is there an advantage to changing the piston length? How would this effect gas to the face? Am I missing something?

i didn't change anything with my gas system when I chopped my barrel.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 6:50:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is there an advantage to changing the piston length? How would this effect gas to the face? Am I missing something?

i didn't change anything with my gas system when I chopped my barrel.
View Quote
I'm sorry, it's not really the piston I was asking about. But the kit comes with the selector valve with the nozzles.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 1:58:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm sorry, it's not really the piston I was asking about. But the kit comes with the selector valve with the nozzles.
View Quote
Yeah the piston cup / valve is what determines how much gas. I have asked before if we can buy alternate valves. Sure would be cool.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 7:45:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm with ya now... I misunderstood.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top