Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2018 8:36:34 PM EDT
Thinking about picking up a set of USGI Woodland BDU pants. I can't find how large the belt loops are though, google isn't getting me anywhere.

Can they fit a 1.5" belt? And how are they in general as pants? Is there something else I should be looking at that's in the same price range? I'm just looking for some woodland/multicam pants as the only other pants I have now are black.

ETA: See posts below, looking hard at some Tru-Spec 24/7's. Wondering how they fit?
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 9:29:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 9:38:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think a 1.75 belt will fit in them. 1.5 definitely will.
View Quote
Awesome, thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 9:46:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Hmm... how are the Tru-Spec 24/7 series pants? Durable?

Botach has them in stock in my size, in Woodland, for $20 shipped. They seem like a decent option, have knee pad pockets which I really want. They're imported but $20 is hard to beat. I'm guessing quality is around Blackhawk/5.11 level?
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 10:07:06 PM EDT
[#4]
From my experience any BDU-cut pants' quality is all over the place.  I think part of the problem is since they are no longer an issued item there is no QC.

I think TRU-SPEC makes an ACU-style in woodland.  If you're set on woodland I'd check those out.  That might be the 24/7, but not sure, we can't wear woodland so I haven't kept up with it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 10:25:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Those $20 ones from Botach are M65 field pants, not the 24/7's.   They are in my size(ML) and I picked up a couple so thanks for that.
The cold weather liners that button in have worked better at keeping me warm than anything modern I have tried so far.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 10:54:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Those $20 ones from Botach are M65 field pants, not the 24/7's.   They are in my size(ML) and I picked up a couple so thanks for that.
The cold weather liners that button in have worked better at keeping me warm than anything modern I have tried so far.
View Quote
Oh no, they're 24/7's. No doubt. Says so. Image matches the style too. Copy/past that link below. Didn't hotlink because eBay hotlinks never work right for me.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tru-Spec-24-7-Series-50-50-Cordura-NYCO-Woodland-Original-Tactical-Pants/201613149719?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D49893%26meid%3D0c76cd336ab548778b1ce49af5d47043%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D6%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D152449079873%26itm%3D201613149719&;_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 11:43:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh cool.   I didn't know this was on e-bay and the M65's were the only woodlands Botach had for $20 on their site.
Double thanks, costing me more money.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 5:03:12 PM EDT
[#8]
So does anyone know how the Tru-Spec 24/7's fit? True to size?

I've got a 34" waist on the dot, measured without pants where my belt sits, not up on my stomach like where the internet says you should measure for waist size.

My Blackhawk Lightweight Tacticals are 32x30. I've got some other pants in 32x32 that also fit fine, bit tight around the waist though as they don't expand like the Blackhawks.

Would 34"x32" fit me well?

ETA: Or maybe the 32" waist would be better due to the elastic waistband? Tru-Spec says the 24/7's with that waistband run about one size larger though...
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 7:27:17 PM EDT
[#9]
My replies in red...

Quoted:

Fairly so, yes.

My Blackhawk Lightweight Tacticals are 32x30. I've got some other pants in 32x32 that also fit fine, bit tight around the waist though as they don't expand like the Blackhawks.

I have the Blackhawks as well. The Tru-Spec waist definitely has more leeway in the elastic compared to Blackhawk or 5.11.

Honestly, I'd go one size down if I were you, but stick with the 34 if you intend to carry IWB.

ETA: Or maybe the 32" waist would be better due to the elastic waistband? Tru-Spec says the 24/7's with that waistband run about one size larger though...

I concur.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 7:39:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My replies in red...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
My replies in red...

Quoted:

Fairly so, yes.

I have the Blackhawks as well. The Tru-Spec waist definitely has more leeway in the elastic compared to Blackhawk or 5.11.

Honestly, I'd go one size down if I were you, but stick with the 34 if you intend to carry IWB.

I concur.
Awesome, thanks! 32" waist it is.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 3:36:29 PM EDT
[#11]
I had bad luck with tru spec in the past, I’ve found propper to be much more durable.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 8:15:35 PM EDT
[#12]
IMO the only way to go is Propper.  I wore Propper MARPAT for 13 years and rarely had an issue with a uniform.  I do really like the "ACU cut" pants and jackets.  They seem to be a bit more useable utility wise than the older BDU style cut.

PROPPER MILITARY PANTS

I've got a bunch of the Propper stuff in different patterns laying around now and a few Tru Spec cause I didn't want to spend as much.  But the Propper material seems to resist fading much better than the Tru Spec stuff.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 2:22:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Are those pants in the link legitimate Tru-Spec pants?
I searched their website and I cannot find any 24/7 series pants in woodland camoflage, much less in 50/50 nyco.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 2:37:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Are those pants in the link legitimate Tru-Spec pants?
I searched their website and I cannot find any 24/7 series pants in woodland camoflage, much less in 50/50 nyco.
View Quote
I'm guessing it was a limited/discontinued run, hence why they're only $20 a pair.

Either way we'll find out soon enough. Got two pairs on the way.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 8:42:29 AM EDT
[#15]
I wore BDU's a little bit.  Yeah, you can get both 1 1/2" and 1 3/4" belts through the loops.  I think you will find a 1 1/2" belt will work just fine.

Since surplus has pretty much dried up on woodlands, you are now getting commercial grade, so it's trial and error time.  I have found the Propper BDU's are pretty true to spec.  I have several pairs in khaki that I use occasionally.  The thing is, do you want BDU format or woodland camo (or both).  Don't know if you just prefer button pockets, or want the woodland camo.

If you prefer the button closures, then you want the BDU format.  But if you just want the woodland camo, then you can probably get ACU format as well, if preferred.

If you go with OCP/Multicam, the surplus is wide open here.  You can get these for 20-35 bucks all day long.  I would suggest these because of price and availability.

Cammie pants work well, if you are off-road and into to the bush.  The extras ruggedness comes into play when you are in close contact with mother earth.  But they are hotter and heavier.  So if you are mainly in town or out on trails, then the lighter nylon hiking pants work much better.  I wear the Wrangler nylon trou (their outdoor adventure line) everyday because they are much lighter then BDU/ACU's.  But if I'm patrolling in the woods, I use surplus OCP ACU's.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 10:28:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
IMO the only way to go is Propper.  I wore Propper MARPAT for 13 years and rarely had an issue with a uniform.  I do really like the "ACU cut" pants and jackets.  They seem to be a bit more useable utility wise than the older BDU style cut.

PROPPER MILITARY PANTS

I've got a bunch of the Propper stuff in different patterns laying around now and a few Tru Spec cause I didn't want to spend as much.  But the Propper material seems to resist fading much better than the Tru Spec stuff.
View Quote
This.  I wear the 100% cotton Propper BDU khaki pants while on duty, and they fit like the old Woodland BDUs I used to buy from clothing sales.

If you sign up for emails, Propper also runs 20-30% off sales a few times a year.

I did try a couple of pairs of Propper Genuine Gear pants, and they fight tighter in the seat and waist than the BDU pants did.  I ended up giving them to my son.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top