Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2018 7:28:50 PM EDT
I have some wwii 303 British ammo. Would you guys shoot it? Some of it attracts a magnet. Some of it attracts a magnet.
Thanks for any help
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 7:35:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 8:46:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Shoot it....... I have shot some ugly green .303 over the years.
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 8:55:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shoot it all you want but it will be click......bang, or just click.  Cordite did not age well.
View Quote
Cordite ages fine...it's the primer compound that doesn't..and causes hang fires or duds.
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 10:51:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Almost certainly corrosive but blast away.  Just clean properly and promptly.
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 3:29:44 PM EDT
[#5]
What is its country of origin?  Pakistani is not considered reliable.
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 5:08:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I've shot WWI-headstamp .303. It worked fine.

Shoot it. Clean afterwards (it's all corrosive).
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 7:54:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shoot it all you want but it will be click......bang, or just click.  Cordite did not age well.
View Quote
Try shooting some WWI stuff!  Its full of click, bang, click,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,bang, or the ever popular click,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,shit how long do I wait!
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 7:52:31 AM EDT
[#8]
I pulled a few bullets from those and though the Strand like Cordite powder was neat looking

As other said I have experience the click bang of those rounds.  Kind of like shooting a flint lock
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top