Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2018 1:56:09 PM EDT
OK I've done some searching here and around the internets, but I feel like I'm trying to drink from a fire hose while trying to pick out wall paper.

First suppressor and NFA item. Been looking at doing the Single Shot Trust from Silencer Shop and hopefully I got that process down.

Here are my technical question(s):

I have an EVO pistol with the carbine hand guard and flash can. I was originally wanting to replace the flash can with a suppressor (such as the Omega 9k or the Obsidian 9), but reading through some posts I see going down that avenue can be an issue with the barrel nut being used to keep the hand guard on. Sooo...

I'm looking at doing this:

Replacing hand guard with an HBI Carbine length hand guard (assuming I can find it, seems to be out of stock).

Leaning towards the Obsidian 9.

Getting the three lug adapter for the can (probably Rugged's since they make the can).

Getting the barrel attachment for the barrel, but not sure which brand (suggestions?).

It seems with this set up, the suppressor will stick out far enough (esp if it's full length and not k'd down) that it will be easy to put on and take off if necessary. I'm not hell bent on the shortest set up and I know this isn't it. If I need to get access to the mount on the barrel, getting to it will be considerably easier than with the stock hand guards as I can just take the hand guards off and get right at the end of the barrel.

Does all this seem logical to those that know? Am I missing anything to make it work?

I like the carbine length hand guards as it's easier for me to shoot than the shorter ones, so ideally I'd like to keep that in the picture.

I know the Omega 9k can shoot 300blk sups but I doubt I'll ever be shooting 300blk. Mostly a 9mm type of guy. ??
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 8:47:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I went with the In Lead We Trust micro barrel. 5.3 inches with 1/2x24 threads and a tri-lug machined into the barrel.
Then an HBI handguard. It went together very easily. Felt too easy. Barrel is VERY accurate considering it's a pistol length.
I can hit bowling pins at 150 yds. Then I added the SilencerCo Hybrid. Made it more accurate.
Get the right parts when you build, it makes it much easier.
Make sure the handguard you choose will fit your suppressor.
Good luck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top