Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2021 7:23:44 PM EDT
I'm on a suppressor purchasing kick and will be buying a can for this in the next week or two.  It's currently setup as my home defense/CQB or whatever SBR.

Currently has a Surefire Warcomp on it but that really doesn't need to be a significant factor, could easily move it on to something else or sell it.

I'm looking for input from anyone on what suppressor YOU would buy for this as a dedicated suppressor, if you were to buy one in the next week or two.  I don't plan on sharing it with anything else, or at least at the end of the day it would end up back on this SBR.

Thanks!

Current specs if it matters:

BCM MK2 Standard 11.5" Carbine (ELWF) Upper Receiver Group w/ MCMR-10 Handguard and BCG
SureFire WARCOMP 556 Flash Hider / Suppressor Adapter
Aimpoint T1
Scalarworks LEAP/Micro - Aimpoint Micro T-2 Mount
Magpul MBUS Rear Sight - Black
Magpul MBUS Front Sight - Black
SureFire M600 Dual Fuel Scout Light WeaponLight
Surefire DS-SR07
Arisaka Defense Inline Scout Mount M-LOK, Black, ISM-M
BCMGUNFIGHTER Charging Handle (5.56mm/.223) w/ Mod 4B (MEDIUM) Latch
BCMGUNFIGHTER KAG - Black (M-LOK Compatible)
BCM­ MCMR Rail Panel Kit, 5.5-inch BLACK ***(FIVE Pack!)***
BCMGUNFIGHTER Stock Assembly-Mod 0-SOPMOD-Black
Radian Talon Ambi Safety 2-Lever Kit - Black
Ferro Concepts Slingster - Multicam Black
Magpul Industries Quick Detach Sling Swivel, Model Number: MAG540
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 7:33:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Thermal Defense Solutions Bantam on my BCM 11.5" Upper.  VERY pleased with it.

Link Posted: 5/7/2021 7:36:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I can’t recommend a YHM Turbo K enough.  Affordable and had a great tone on my 11.5
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 7:41:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can’t recommend a YHM Turbo K enough.  Affordable and had a great tone on my 11.5
View Quote

I agree. That's what lives on my 11.5" BCM.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 8:44:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Turbo K, yeah its nice.  The price is right but if I knew what I know now I would have went Surefire RC2 with the muzzle brake and shoot 100% suppressed.  

I don't have any issues with the Turbo K other than the blow back.  I ran it for a short time on an upper just like yours and the gas was crazy.  Put a tuned gas tube and suppressor charging handle on it and it was better.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 10:19:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Turbo K w/Kurz. This is the way.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 10:35:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This right here.

With a direct thread mount, keep it short and light.

I don't find it anymore blowbacky than my other 5.56 cans on an 11.5 bcm barrel, whatever their gp size is.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 11:05:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 11:42:28 PM EDT
[#8]
The YHM Turbo K or maybe the T2 seem to be the go-to for dedicated 5.56 shorties if you can find them anywhere. The Rex MG7 is also a solid value and may be easier to find in stock; it's closer to T2 size and probably suppression. Dead Air is apparently about to release a 5.56 can if you want to wait and see.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 8:55:44 AM EDT
[#9]
I don’t have one, but my money would buy a turbo K
I use a Surefire Mini on my 11.5”
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 11:41:29 AM EDT
[#10]
I don’t have any 5.56 bore suppressors yet, but I’d probably look hard at a Turbo K.  Currently using a Vox-S in that role, or an Omega 300.  The Delta P Brevis always looked interesting, but recent posts make it appear they could be defunct now, or no longer in commercial market.  CGS Helix could be another good fit.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 12:24:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I switch between my Turbo K and Nomad with Kurtz on my BCM 12.5”. I think the Nomad sounds slightly quieter at the ear than the TK but it’s also longer and heavier.  I have settled on the TK for this rifle because it’s compact, lighter weight and neither is going to be hearing safe anyways so might as well go smaller.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 12:32:34 PM EDT
[#12]
yhm turbo or turbo k with a bootleg adjustable carrier.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top