Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2020 9:43:49 PM EDT
Right now Strelok has over 1000 reticle in it's ballistics App database.  But no the 3X AUG A3M1 reticle.   Has anyone already trod this path, and found any of the other 1000 reticals that decently match the AUG's, that I should select?
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 10:06:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Right now Strelok has over 1000 reticle in it's ballistics App database.  But no the 3X AUG A3M1 reticle.   Has anyone already trod this path, and found any of the other 1000 reticals that decently match the AUG's, that I should select?
View Quote

All I've got is something I'm pretty sure @maleante posted ages ago:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 10:45:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!   I'm wondering, are there any AUG 3X users who also use Strelok, who've found a reticle in their app, that is close to the AUG, for purpose of then having that ballistic app tell me the hold-overs when I tell in the particulars.  For example, the App does things like this:

Where it projects the impact distance for each marking on the scope like that, for each load you put in there, and based on current conditions.  Handy.  They just don't have the AUG 3X reticle in the database apparently.

ETA: Looks like Trjicons TR25 accupoint 1-6x,  locked in to 3X, is pretty close to the inside circle matching.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 11:22:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks!   I'm wondering, are there any AUG 3X users who also use Strelok, who've found a reticle in their app, that is close to the AUG, for purpose of then having that ballistic app tell me the hold-overs when I tell in the particulars.  For example, the App does things like this:

https://is2-ssl.mzstatic.com/image/thumb/Purple123/v4/5f/6d/b7/5f6db724-307b-9d0f-da37-b2ba06bd1c9e/mzl.vpsrtasg.png/300x0w.jpg

Where it projects the impact distance for each marking on the scope like that, for each load you put in there, and based on current conditions.  Handy.  They just don't have the AUG 3X reticle in the database apparently.
View Quote

Yeah, I get that, but since I don't use Strelok, I have no idea - with the reticle posted you have everything you need to either figure out a close enough reticle or have the app author add it to his database...  

From your original posting you had two unknowns - the AUG reticle and a Strelok reticle.  Now you have 1 known and 1 unknown and you should be able to connect the dots.  Speaking of dots, even a quick glance at his list shows a 6MOA dot which matches the inner area of the AUG circle...
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 11:33:14 AM EDT
[#4]
The 3x optic intersects on certain points of a tremor 3. Use what you know about the 3x optic reticle from the above drawing and apply those points to a mil dot reticle (such as the tremor 3 or whatever busy mil dot ranging reticle you choose), which will give you your impact distance depending on the parameters input. It's not the best way to do it, but it will work.

Alternatively you could just get a calculator and pen/paper and work out the calculations yourself with your bullet and velocity info. This looks like the perfect opportunity to spend some time with python or excel to make your own script or sheet to calculate this for you during lockdown...
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 2:35:43 PM EDT
[#5]
There is a Facebook group for the Pro version of Strelok where the developer is very active. I'm seen plenty of request for new reticles in there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top