Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2023 4:23:46 PM EDT
Anybody here have experiences with the TLR Racker, specifically for the mossberg 590? How are they holding up under regular/hard use and classes?
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 3:31:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one and it has been really good, although I don’t have a ton of rounds through it. Mine has roughly 500 rounds with 90% of that being bird shot.

As far as output and beam it has enough horsepower for anything within 30 yards really well. Since that’s about as far as I can use buckshot anyway it’s fine for my purposes. I’d say the light output is similar to the non-turbo 1k lumen x300 lights from Surefire.

Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 6:37:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I helped install one on my Brother in Laws Remington 870.

He seems to like it but I can't speak to the shooting experience.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 7:25:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one on an SBS.  No issues so far.  Well made, good light output and hefty grip.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 8:37:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one on my Shockwave. It has the same output specs as the TLR-1 HL and when I compare them side by side, I don't notice a difference.

Really not a fan of how it looks, and it does feel pretty chincy. I have my doubts that it would survive if dropped on concrete from shoulder height.

That all said, for the price it does a great job. I just can't say that I'd consider it "hard use". But in all fairness, I've never taken a class with it or anything to offer an educated opinion.

Link Posted: 12/20/2023 6:22:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one on a Mossberg 590A1.  Compared to the SureFire on my Benelli M2 the Streamlight feels VERY cheap.  This is because it is.  I paid nearly $400 for the SureFire years ago and about $120 for the Streamlight earlier this year.

My only "real compliant" is the design can be painful when shooting 3" Max slugs.  The heaviest recoiling rounds can cause the "light bump at the front of the forend" to batter your hand a little.  Of course, I fired 50 3" Fed 00B and 25 3" 1oz Slugs the day I noticed the discomfort...
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 7:38:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jarhead13] [#6]
I have one, it arrived today. I’m very pleased with it and will shoot it this weekend.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

With the TL-Racker, my Shockwave SBS is finished! I’ll probably start looking for a different reflex sight, but for now it’s minute of hallway!
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 2:48:30 AM EDT
[#7]
I have one on my shockwave. It has been fine with buckshot and slugs so far. I don’t have many rounds through it though. The shockwave does sometimes get left in the locked drawer in the back of my 4Runner bouncing around for weeks on end and the light doesn’t seem to have any adverse reaction to that. It has held up well. The only real criticism I have I guess is that the buttons are loud. There is a very audible click when you activate the light. Not a big deal really, just wasn’t expecting it.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top