Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2020 9:00:44 PM EDT
Can you leave a 30rd AUG mag loaded long-term without damaging the feed lips?  I store PMAGS with the impact cover installed to keep pressure off the feed lips; wasn’t sure if the Steyr polymer was subject to stretching or if this is a non-issue.  Any first hand feedback?
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 9:04:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I store magpull, aug, and g36 mags with28 rounds and no cover for years without issue. Maybe you can but I haven’t, but I do short them a few rounds to 28
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 9:18:41 PM EDT
[#2]
My PMAGS have all been in the plastic bags since 2013.  My metal clipazines are the ones I've kept loaded.

Not for any reason in particular.  I just got done with loading them 7 years ago and then that's where we're at.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top