Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2018 10:36:11 PM EDT
I am looking to buy a stock for a Ruger 10/22 with a .920 diameter barrel. I would like something heavier than the stock that comes with a standard 10/22 but not too heavy as most shooting will be done offhand. Something with a grip angle that is more vertical than the standard stock. I like the overall shape and price of the boyd pro varmint stock however I would prefer polymer to wood. Price limit is $200 though I would prefer to keep it around/under $150. If there is an option for an FDE color that would also be nice but not a make or break thing. Thanks for your help guys.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 11:05:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 11:50:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the suggestion, those look very nice and aren’t so far out of my price range to remove them from consideration. I currently have a holosun red dot on my 10/22. Do you think the height of the cheek piece would work with a red dot sight on a low mount or would it be a little high for that set up.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 1:06:59 AM EDT
[#3]
There's a very nice stock on rimfire central for a .920 and it's price is at the upper limit of what you specified, but take a look anyway.
stock   I have no affiliation or interest in the sale, I just noticed it while looking for parts.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 5:30:14 AM EDT
[#4]
How about the Magpul Hunter X-22?

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 6:17:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Aloha, Mark
View Quote
Came to say this I like mine.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 6:22:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Rework and fill oem wood with tungsten carbide bits from a machine shop.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 11:35:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 12:42:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Magpul works for me, too.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 2:21:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I have looked at the magpul stocks, and may end up going with one of those if my cheap side wins out however I just find them to be very unpleasant to look at. I know thats kind of silly but they just look funky to me. I think its between something from bell and carlson either their anschutz or varmit stock. Even though it was a little more than I was looking to spend it checks all of my boxes. The tan with black spiderweb finish, though it was not what I set out to find would be perfect for this gun.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 4:52:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 8:54:32 PM EDT
[#11]
These look pretty nice. Victor Company Titan I couldn't find one locally to try out so I stuck with the PMACA chassis.

CHRIS
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 11:54:14 PM EDT
[#12]
I know you said polymer but what about a Boyd's At One in forest.
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 9:12:48 AM EDT
[#13]
I think the magpul is a fine little stock for the price.  If you want a lot more user control there are other brands but I enjoy mine as more of  a plinker.  Everyone likes to shoot it.

Link Posted: 4/23/2018 3:38:42 PM EDT
[#14]
I ended up going with the magpul stock in fde. My cheap side won out. I am pretty satisfied with it, the fit is tight and it has enough options for adjusting things to make it fit to me very comfortably. Now I just need to find a nice little piece of glass to put on top, after resting the gun today I figured out the only thing holding it back was the combination of my astigmatism and a red dot sight. Down the rabbit hole I go.
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 2:32:01 AM EDT
[#15]

I think once you get used to your new Magpul stock you will like it.  After I got the cheek riser and figured out how many spacers to use it fits me really well now.  I had some high rings already so I just utilized those.  Depending on your scope choice and ring height you may or may not feel the need for the cheek riser.  I opted for the Nikon rim fire 3-9x40 as I like the reticule they utilize.  Good luck with your scope search.  Vortex and Primary Arms are also  excellent resources for finding an inexpensive but decent quality piece of glass for a rim fire.
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 9:03:14 AM EDT
[#16]
for my Chevy Team Challenge 10/22 (Clark .930 barrel) I used a Fajen thumb hole, and hollowed out the cheek rest a little to get my head more vertical... I shot the 90yd off hand portion with a 6-24 scope on about 16x.... Fajen is out of business, but there are a lot of thumb hole stocks available... YMMV
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 7:46:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Aloha, Mark
View Quote
This is what I went with. Got it in grey for ~$95 on sale at PA a few weeks ago.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 1:24:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
These look pretty nice. Victor Company Titan I couldn't find one locally to try out so I stuck with the PMACA chassis.

CHRIS
View Quote
Double tap...very nice stock.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 2:10:08 PM EDT
[#19]
I would bet the Magpul is very solid.  I like their Rem 700 stocks. 

I am drawing a blank on who made mine.  Those memory cells are corrupt at the moment.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top