Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2023 8:24:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Neuraleanus]
I recently acquired a Navy Arms French Enfield.  It came with a reproduction magazine which I since replaced.  The new mag is working better due to having been put together better and having a better follower shape, but the spring is stiff.  Rounds do not always move up as they should.  Is there a way to deal with the stiff spring or do I need to continue looking for a decent mag?

Upon further examination, the spring might not be the issue.   I see on another rifle the follower moves up and down very easily.  This could be an issue of the follower not fitting well to the magazine case.
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 3:09:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TontoGoldstein] [#1]
What the heck is a French Enfield?  Looked it up.  Interesting, but what do they cost?
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 5:06:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TontoGoldstein:
What the heck is a French Enfield?  Looked it up.  Interesting, but what do they cost?
View Quote

This where I got mine:

J & G French No 4 Lee Enfield

Pictures of my rifles:
My Enfields

More details on the importer:
Navy Arms
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 7:43:07 PM EDT
[#3]
You can try repro follower and spring in original mag.

Your follower may need adjusting . The front tab may need to be bent back a tad to not drag on front of mag when fully loaded.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top