Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2024 6:59:17 PM EDT
Steyr AUG OD-Green 556 Nato STG-77 Receiver AUG Mags STG77 $1549 + shipping, or A3M1 $1595

I’m in the market. Which one?
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 7:55:44 PM EDT
[#1]
If the first one comes with the STG77 optic, thats the way to go by a country mile. Optic can be resold for $400-500 if you dont like it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 8:18:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Unfortunately no optic included
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 8:46:41 PM EDT
[#3]
It really comes down to if you want the side rail on the receiver or not. If you ever plan to use the gen2 SF scope, or the classic STG77 skinny scope I would tell you to go with the STG77 receiver.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 9:15:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mr_Barlow:
It really comes down to if you want the side rail on the receiver or not. If you ever plan to use the gen2 SF scope, or the classic STG77 skinny scope I would tell you to go with the STG77 receiver.
View Quote

Yeah, I kind of like the classic skinny scope with the donut of death.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 9:18:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm an idiot... does this onw take AR mags?

If not, I don't want to have to buy like 4 dozen gun-specific magazines.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 9:24:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Findsman] [#6]
I’d probably go the 77 receiver.  I like the cleaner lines and I don’t have a use for the stubby rail on my A3M1.  I made one half-hearted attempt to take it off when I got my SF scope but I suspect it’s going to need some heat gun attention to break the thread locker.

Edit:
Originally Posted By Millennial:

View Quote

If it’s the deals at Gunprime, they have both options.  The 77 receiver is only available in AUG mag though.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 9:27:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Punisher] [#7]

View Quote

Negative, it takes AUG mags. Which doesn’t bother me.

Link: https://gunprime.com/products/steyr-aug-od-green-556-nato-stg-77-receiver-aug-mags-stg77

Link Posted: 2/23/2024 11:27:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: texasyid] [#8]
View Quote

Maybe you should stick with the AR and forget about the AUG. AUG mags are cheap and plentiful. Do your homework and see what you lose with the NATO model.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 8:09:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CJofFL] [#9]
The STG-77 receiver models is OOS now.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 2:31:21 PM EDT
[#10]
In stock again.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 1:50:01 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

You want the version that is called NATO. Not the standard model. The NATO takes AR mags. I’m not sure if there are any issues with using P-Mags or what generation of P-mags will work fine. I don’t use MagPul mags I just rock standard metal mags.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 6:03:44 PM EDT
[#12]
So the only difference between the Stg77 Receiver and the A3M1 is that the later has the little pic rail on the side and the Stg77 does not? Any other differences?
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 7:15:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By texasyid:

Maybe you should stick with the AR and forget about the AUG. AUG mags are cheap and plentiful. Do your homework and see what you lose with the NATO model.
View Quote

I went with the NATO AUG. There is a reason it's an option. I have hundreds of AR STANG mags, doesn't make sense for me to not go with the NATO stock. The trigger is fine to me, and I am right handed, not worried about being able to switch to left hand.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 7:37:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MisterPX] [#14]
Originally Posted By The_Punisher:
Unfortunately no optic included
View Quote

Fuck that.   Only reason people wanted the Stg77 model was for the optic and 20" bbl.

Next you're gonna say no 20" bbl...
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 7:43:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m200maker] [#15]
I’d be all over that like white on rice if I could get in Ca. The Augs out here are 2k for a Ca compliant model with no optic or mags.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 8:35:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By m200maker:
I’d be all over that like white on rice if I could get in Ca. The Augs out here are 2k for a Ca compliant model with no optic or mags.
View Quote

How do they neuter them out there? Pinned in and unremovable 10 round mag? And do they have that horrendous tail-fin thing attached to the pistol grip?

I grew up spending my summers out in LA growing up made my dad take me shooting all the time. Lots of good memories.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top