Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2021 4:12:28 PM EDT
My neighbor has a well worn 77F 20 that I was checking out the other weekend that has a really sticky pump on the return forward to lock up the bolt.  So I told him I'd rip it down and give it a good once over without really knowing a dn thing about the model.

So what am I in for disassembly wise?  I'm going to hit YouTube and Nirmrich for a schematic of course, but any tricks or follow I need to adopt or avoid?  I'm hoping the action is just gummed up from 50 years of existence, but we shall see.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 8:21:33 AM EDT
[#1]
The Stevens 77 is a nice shotgun IMO. I picked one up for a song last year because it had a similar issue. Ended up just needing a good cleaning. There are a few videos on YouTube which were helpful to me. It can be a little intimidating the first time you strip it down completely, but they're pretty simple to work with.

I see these older American made shotguns as diamonds in the rough. They're made with blued steel and walnut or hardwood stocks and can usually be bought for a good price.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top