Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2021 12:20:43 PM EDT
Where are y’all getting Sten mags these days , I see them in stock several places. I’m looking for the nicest mags I can get.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 1:12:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought a bunch from CDNN, used refinished for $20 each. Looks like the have gone up on the price though.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 3:59:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 4:36:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Yikes! Almost $40 for a sten mag?!?!!??!!

I've been keeping an eye on my local gun forums. I don't really care how they look as I'm modifying mine to work in the Lage Max10/31 upper but I did get 12 of them for $10 a pop plus a grease gun mag thrown in not long ago from a local guy.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 4:58:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I did but s bunch from Sarco I believe a few years ago at 9.99 each. I had to clean the cosmoline off of all of them which was a little bit of a pain in the ass.
The mags are definitely get more difficult to find for a decent price nowadays.
Maybe one day keepshooting will come up with some mags for sale.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 5:10:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Delete
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 7:35:32 PM EDT
[#6]
crap they used to be what $3?

OP I would get the best deal you can on bulk mags. Cherry pick and flip the rest.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 9:41:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

OP I would get the best deal you can on bulk mags. Cherry pick and flip the rest.
View Quote

The dollar also used to be a hell of a lot stronger back in the late 90s too.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 12:30:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm thinking more like 2007
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 12:31:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same thing.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:41:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Where are y’all getting Sten mags these days , I see them in stock several places. I’m looking for the nicest mags I can get.
View Quote

You ever find the mags you wanted? Where are you located?
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 12:43:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You ever find the mags you wanted? Where are you located?
View Quote

I got some from a member here and then I found a local guy that sold me some. I have enough for now. I just need to go through them and find which ones work and which ones won’t. I’ve got a few that don’t work at all and some that are 100 percent.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 7:04:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Surplus Sten mags - $9.99
https://centerfiresystems.com/product/9mm-sten-20rd-magazine-used-magsten-20rnd#product_detail

These are the ones the Indian Military converted to 20 round to improve reliability - which does work to improve feeding (less friction) However new springs and removing the brass inerts done by Indians also improves reliability and increase capacity back - several youtube videos on removing inserts - drill out.

These are dirty, grungy worn so expect some heavy cleaning, refinishing.  I picked up some when they were 10/50 a few years ago - I cleaned up using a wire wheel, new springs cheap spray paint, lube

Link Posted: 8/1/2021 7:10:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Surplus Sten mags - $9.99
https://centerfiresystems.com/product/9mm-sten-20rd-magazine-used-magsten-20rnd#product_detail

These are the ones the Indian Military converted to 20 round to improve reliability - which does work to improve feeding (less friction) However new springs and removing the brass inerts done by Indians also improves reliability and increase capacity back - several youtube videos on removing inserts - drill out.

These are dirty, grungy worn so expect some heavy cleaning, refinishing.  I picked up some when they were 10/50 a few years ago - I cleaned up using a wire wheel, new springs cheap spray paint, lube

https://cdn9.coreware.com/cache/image-full-2103-83c20b76bc20ed7f1727d8e7e5b6aeb6.jpg
View Quote

I got 20 of those from apex a while back.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 2:12:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Lees Machine STEN springs fixed up all of my Indian STENS and others.

It was expensive a bit at 7 a spring but it fixed up all of the feeding and other issues with my surplus and spruced it back to life.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top