Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2021 5:59:03 PM EDT
I’ve got a lot of ar500 and some ar550 targets. I’ve tried different ways of hanging em. Conduit legs with 2x4 top, t post and hangers and a few other contraptions out of scrap steel. Working on extending my shooting range and doing some upgrades. What are some of the better sturdy designs you guys are using for hanging targets? And I’m done with chains, too much flying around and when the kids hit em I’ve got to replace em. Recommend fire hose or baler belt?
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 6:30:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Haven't used belts,

But firehouse has been pretty awesome, especially if you get some for free. A roll of it has gone a long way for me.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 6:41:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I use old conveyor belts from the coal mines.   Fire hose is also excellent.

Link Posted: 5/6/2021 12:37:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I just use chain and carabiners for the swingers. Tried bolting but the bolts would rattle loose even being dummy tight with lock washers.

2x4s and the sawhorse fittings (stamped steel, grabs horse, screw legs in) for hangers.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 4:51:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I use EMT stands with AR500 brackets, and 2X4 cross beam, sawhorse style. Target seller offers AR500 brackets that slip over 2X4. They hold large plates securely as tongue on bracket mates up with hole in plates.

Plates still move enough to absorb impact.  

I buy from these guys: https://ar500-targets.com/

Pretty happy with them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top