Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2018 9:40:07 PM EDT
Hey folks, looking for a stand to have on the side of my bench for my LnL single stage press.  Looks like only real choice outside of making my own is the Lee press stand.

Are there other options?
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 10:05:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 10:09:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Best stand available.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 10:28:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry I must be missing something.  These stands are all to lift the press above an existing bench, it still must be bolted down to the bench to work.  I am looking for something to have on the side of my bench so I am not drilling holes into it, or having to use clamps to hold the press on the bench.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 10:44:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd still contact the guy at inline fabrication; I'll bet he could hook you up with something.

Failing that, I started out using a folding sawhorse(the legs folded in). I screwed my press onto a 2x4 and C clamp that onto the horse. Be sure to figure out what else you want to mount so you get your 2x set up correctly. This will keep you from ruining 2xs.

eta
If you need a pic pm me your EM.
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 12:00:54 AM EDT
[#5]
I use to reload using a bench grinder stand from harbor freight. It worked pretty well.

I would just build something if I was you.

That being said, why not do the online fabrication? You can get the flush mounted quick detach plate that permanently mounts flush to the top of your bench. Wouldnt get in the way at all.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 10:30:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Inline makes a flush mount setup you router in the top and the plate sets flush to top.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 12:30:54 AM EDT
[#7]
To expand on scatterbrains suggestion . . . Inline Fab makes a quick mount system where you install each piece of equipment on a steel plate and lock it into a either a flush mount plate or a raised stand when in use. The plate or the stand is bolted to the bench top. Removing your old press and installing a different one (or other piece of bench-mounted gear) takes less than a minute.

The photo below shows 2 LNL presses mounted on their plates set into a 2-position shelf mount for storage. The large black plate on the bench top (upper left side of photo) is a flush mount plate that can hold either press or the 4 other pieces of bench-mounted gear I use. The plate must hang over the edge like that, but even without routing it into the bench the system leaves the bench top clear (eg for rifle cleaning) when no equipment is in use.

Link Posted: 6/30/2018 11:06:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Frankford Arsenal makes a stand, here is a link to it. I have no experience with it.

https://www.natchezss.com/frankford-arsenal-reloading-stand.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top