Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2019 10:01:27 AM EDT
I've had a g32 in a RONI gen3 STAB for a while now and REALLY like this setup.

I see now that the new MCX is available for G20/21s. I know they'll never make a version for G40/41s.

Now on my gen3 the muzzle shroud is basically sized for either a g17 or G19 sized slide.

On the MCX, if I were to remove that muzzle shroud and swap my long slide for the standard G20 slide but keep the long barrel, would it work?

Trading in the G40 for a G20 is the easy way to go, but if it's doable keeping the longer barrel would be preferable.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 10:42:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I do not know if a g40 would fit, but why not use a g20 with an aftermarket barrel?
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 11:08:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, if I trade the 40 for a 20 I probably won't bother with a long barrel and trying to figure out how to make it work.

Just thought IF I could find a used G20 slide cheap and IF the MCX would take my G40 frame & barrel w/20 slide (which is the same thing as a g20 with a long barrel, right?) it'd be the easiest and cheapest path.

When I say slide I'm talking just the slide, reusing my longer barrel & recoil spring. Buying a complete slide setup used is too much $$$ vs just trading.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top