Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2018 9:17:55 PM EDT
I looked at a couple Super Matches at KYGUNCO today. Damn, those guns are heavy.
Dennis
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 9:44:34 PM EDT
[#1]
The Super Match has a heavy barrel under the handguard and the stock is beefier.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 10:28:49 PM EDT
[#2]
And expensive.
Dennis
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 6:56:44 PM EDT
[#3]
She's beefy, but a great shooter.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 7:18:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Like bench rest rifles, the super match rifles are designed for one purpose, so it's weight isn't really a big deal to shooters that use them in high power service rifle matches, or only shoot them from benches.  They are neat rifles, but my favorite remains the standard weight rifles with national match barrels, parts, and set up.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 11:01:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Heavy.  And beefy stocks to boot.  They are very heavy out front unless you add another 1-2lbs under the buttplate.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 1:00:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Heavy.  And beefy stocks to boot.  They are very heavy out front unless you add another 1-2lbs under the buttplate.
View Quote
You’re right. Filled the buttstock cleaning gear recess with lead shot and hot wax. It was good for 20 EIC points before I retired. Shot tight, but I liked the balance on my match Garand in .308 better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top