Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2023 4:03:15 PM EDT
I inherited a Springfield bush M1a new in the box.  I currently have a standard M1a recent production, and had a Socom for year that I sold.  My standard M1a is hands down my favorite rifle.  But this one intrigues me.  Does anyone have any experience with these?  Best I can tell it’s pre-ban, Choate stock, the precursor to the modern scout.  What I’ve read is that they are “made better”.  What does that actually mean?  More accurate? More robust?  Is this one the keeper and sell off the standard?

Thank you!
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 4:46:18 PM EDT
[#1]
If she is a pre ban it likely has several USGI parts and would be a keeper over a newer gun.  

Does it look like this?

Link Posted: 12/11/2023 6:34:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes that exact one.    Preban.
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 6:50:02 PM EDT
[#3]
If it's preban sell it into Massachusetts for a premium before they pass their next AWB.
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 6:54:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Been looking for one for a bit. If it were mine I'd keep it. If you sell I'm interested.
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 8:16:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By LittleAugieMo:
Been looking for one for a bit. If it were mine I'd keep it. If you sell I'm interested.
View Quote

Think I’m going to keep it and sell the other one.
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 9:22:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I picked one up awhile ago, looks like mine has a lot of USGI parts on it. Mine came with the full stock, not the folder. I picked up a USGI hand guard and cut it for a GGG scout mount. I kept the other hand guard in case I want to go back to a bush rifle instead of the scout. Love the thing.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 6:05:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Thought about it over Christmas and decided to put it up for sale.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 10:11:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Mal3516:
I inherited a Springfield bush M1a new in the box.  But this one intrigues me.  Does anyone have any experience with these?  Best I can tell it’s pre-ban, Choate stock, the precursor to the modern scout.
View Quote

Springfield Armory, Inc. M1A Bush model AA9110 manufactured 1993 - 1994 then discontinued with the 1994 ban. The Choate stock was the last of three types of folding stock for the "Bush" models.
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 9:43:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I love M1A’s but would keep a Bulgy AK.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 4:54:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By kells81:
If she is a pre ban it likely has several USGI parts and would be a keeper over a newer gun.  

Does it look like this?

https://gbapics-bbhmapccg7fxbje0.z01.azurefd.net/pics/1006655000/1006655568/pix326186110.jpg
View Quote
Dude.  That is a CLASSIC.  You'd be stupid to sell it IMO.  Also, IMO, the Bush is a much better gun than the SOCOM.  Personal opinion.

I had an almost FULL TRW parts Bush Rifle and I hate myself every day for trading it out.  Granted, I got a VERY great rifle in trade...but it was still a stupid move.

Link Posted: 2/21/2024 11:32:09 PM EDT
[#11]
I wanted a M1A Bush bad in the 90s, but never had an opportunity to actually buy one. I had a National Match M1A for awhile, but it never scratched the itch and never cared for the SOCOM model. I did however get a wood stock M1A Scout several years ago that I “converted” to a Bush by removing the scout rail and muzzle brake and adding a FH and USGI handguard. It’s one of my favorite rifles and I would never part with it. Someday I’ll get a folding stock for it just because.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:33:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Mal3516:
Thought about it over Christmas and decided to put it up for sale.
View Quote

So...is it SOLD or is it still for sale?

AIRBORNE!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top