Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2019 11:54:58 PM EDT
I've recently been looking hard at the spiritus micro fight. The Haley micro is also possibly in the running, but it seems like the spiritus is a hair smaller and more inline with what I'm looking for. The major drawback is I prefer some sort of hard mag retention for reindexing magazines. Has anyone tried slapping some kywi inside the spiritus, or anything similar??

I know the simple solution would be going for the Haley micro, but I feel like the spiritus is possibly smaller all the way around. If anyone has both please chime in, and a side to side picture would be awesome!
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 2:13:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Tried to search and only found an archived thread before posting....

Anyhow, found this product and will update later!

http://www.gmrgear.com/kydex/kangaroo-insert
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 3:14:11 PM EDT
[#2]
All i can say is i really like the haley inserts but i use them on the big haley rig
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 8:41:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Having used both, I prefer the D3CRM. The D3CRM costs $167 with .556 insert and includes an X harness. The Spiritus MK4 will cost you about $200 or more with comparable accessories. Both systems are high quality. Cost not being a factor, I think the D3CRM improved on what the MK4 lacks ... Particularly kydex inserts and a general purpose pouch that is actually large enough to store gear. Here’s a pretty good review.

Review
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 10:40:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Kywi makes inserts too

https://www.esstac.com/product-page/5-56-kywi-insert-tall
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 12:37:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Having used both, I prefer the D3CRM. The D3CRM costs $167 with .556 insert and includes an X harness. The Spiritus MK4 will cost you about $200 or more with comparable accessories. Both systems are high quality. Cost not being a factor, I think the D3CRM improved on what the MK4 lacks ... Particularly kydex inserts and a general purpose pouch that is actually large enough to store gear. Here’s a pretty good review.

Review
View Quote
Any way you can shoot me a side by side photo? If not can you comment to the overal size between the two?
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 3:35:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Any way you can shoot me a side by side photo? If not can you comment to the overal size between the two?
View Quote
I sold my Spiritus system after using the D3CRM. Here is a side by side screen shot from the video I posted. The Spiritus system is a little bit lower profile, but not by much. The MK4 measures 5x9x1. I don’t have the D3CRM measurements available and it’s not on the HSP website, but I’m sure they’ll provide it if you email them.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top