Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2018 8:14:26 PM EDT
Still waiting on my stamps 1&4 to clear but I'm going to be order some ammo soon. I will have a MPX 8" SBR with an Omega 9K, will this ammo give me no issues and run good in the gun? No issues with the silencer? Thx

Speer Lawman CleanFire 9mm Luger Ammo 147 Grain Total Metal Jacket
Speer CleanFire 9mm 147 grain
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 10:07:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't shot that ammo through yhe specific set up but generally speaking that's decent quality ammo.

They've been pushing that cleanfire name because the powder they used to.use was pretty darn dirty.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 7:20:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree Speer is an excellent cartridge. I am a firearms instructor and the company I work for has used Speer for years and it is in my opinion very good ammunition. I have run a fare amount of Speer through my MPX without any problems what so ever.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 7:48:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I agree Speer is an excellent cartridge. I am a firearms instructor and the company I work for has used Speer for years and it is in my opinion very good ammunition. I have run a fare amount of Speer through my MPX without any problems what so ever.
View Quote
the 147's have had a few issues with me for feeding. The flat nose was seemed to cause the occasional hangup. After I shot the gun some more, it is now fine.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 9:40:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Were those issues with your MPX?
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 9:49:55 AM EDT
[#5]
good to great quality - if i've had an issue its been rare to very rare. Its all I shoot now. Even in the subcompact handguns

Cleanfire? Naw, though limited, my experiences show that all ammo is dirty, some just really dirty. This is typical dirty.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 10:12:49 AM EDT
[#6]
The cleanest I have ever shot was the Winchester Winclean this stuff surprised me. I have been shooting for over 30 years I am a licensed firearms instructor and I go through lots of rounds. I can tell you that in my experience this is the cleanest I have seen. I will also say that I am not a fan of the bullet profile of this round even though we only us it for training purposes I do see a number of failures to feed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top